Visiting Faculty Position
Azim Premji University invites applications for Visiting Faculty positions to teach courses
in any or more of the following thematic areas.
Azim Premji University was established in 2010 by the Azim Premji Foundation. The
Foundation works extensively with the public school systems in many states in India,
with a clear purpose - to contribute to a just equitable, humane and sustainable society.
The University supports Education and related fields of human and social development
through its programmes of study that prepare professionals with integrity, competence
and social commitment. Our research programmes contribute to knowledge relevant to
The University offers a liberal undergraduate degree in the Sciences, Economics and
Humanities and postgraduate degrees in the fields of Education, Development, Public
Policy, Governance and Law & Development.
Thematic Areas for new electives:
| Perspective Building
|| Competency for analysis
|| Competency for action
|Local Democracy &
Governance – Rural &
||Analysis of Major social or
policies of India
|Adivasis & Development
Events and Human
||Development Planning at
response to disasters
||Analysing Development Finance
|Technology and development
*competency for analysis refers to competencies required to analyse, plan, design
*competency for action refers to competencies required to implement, advocate,
organise, and manage development action at any level
*These are broad thematic areas in each of which, there can be potentially multiple
courses. Each course can be of 3 credits (16 weeks, 48 hours) or 2 credits (32 hours,
Since these are specialized areas, we have open positions in these areas, with
possibilities to teach in the postgraduate programme.
Desired candidate profile:
The candidate is expected to have teaching and practical experience in the broad
thematic areas mentioned above.
Academic background required:
- Post Graduate qualification in any domain or discipline.
- Relevant experience in development practice in the above areas with some teaching
or training experience relevant for post graduate teaching
- Prior teaching experience at post graduate level is desirable but can be relaxed for
The candidate will be expected to:
- Teach one or more elective courses as part of the MA-Development programme
including evaluation of the students.
- The candidate is expected to conduct the course in one of two formats: either a
semester length (16 weeks) course with 3 hours of classes per week, or an 8 week
format with 4 hours of classes per week.
- If mutually convenient, guide students in summer field apprenticeship and or winter
Interested candidates should send the following documents
to [email protected]:
- Covering letter indicating subject area of your interest and a brief one page write up
on the course you wish to offer.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Three samples of scholarship (articles, chapters, reports, policy briefs, films, books or
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Completed Information Summary Sheet
Click here to download Information Summary Sheet
> View Next: Teacher Education