This role is part of the Mathematics group of the Undergraduate Programme at the University. This is a 2 year full time position.
As an Academic Associate in Mathematics you will be:
- Assisting in teaching one undergraduate mathematics course each semester by conducting tutorials, helping prepare course materials, and providing additional support to students outside classroom.
- Taking a lead role in running the Mathematics Studio which is a physical space used for carrying out experiments and explorations in mathematics by planning and conducting laboratory-related activities, directed at different groups (Mathematics majors at the university, members and students on campus, and the general public).
- Helping build the culture of the undergraduate Mathematics programme through mentoring students, observing classes, and providing feedback on pedagogy and course structure, organising, and attending seminars.
- Continuing your own reading in some area of Mathematics or Mathematics Education.
- Master’s degree in Mathematics or Statistics
- Interest in pursuing higher studies
- Candidates with research interests in Mathematics or Mathematics Education are encouraged to apply
Please email the following documents to email@example.com with the subject line“Application for Academic Associate in Mathematics”:
- Curriculum Vitae
- A short (one-two page note) explaining why you might wish to join the University
- Names and email IDs of two referees
- Completed Information Summary Sheet