The University library aims to serve the teaching and research needs of the University community. We welcome registered external membership by individuals, organisations and University partners who are scholars, researchers and activists working on focus areas of the University’s work. Our libraries — both in the Field and in the University — are open to the general public. Access privileges differ for different categories of members. Faculty and students of the university can also access other Azim Premji
Foundation Libraries at all our district and state institutes.
The University library is part of a network of Azim Premji Foundation libraries around the country. It serves all active members of the Foundation and its partners: at the University, Field Institutes and the Philanthropy Initiative. We share resources and services with our libraries at district, block and teacher and community learning centres.
Through our collections, programmes, and services in both physical and virtual spaces, our libraries are committed to supporting community outreach, advocacy, learning, and knowledge production and dissemination activities of library users.
We are developing a comprehensive collection of print, digital and media resources to fulfil the teaching and research needs of the University. You will find our extensive collection here.
- We have 200000 books, 6000 AV resources and subscriptions to 150 print and online journals.
- We have 8 statistical databases, 3 legal databases, 2 e‑books, 4 e‑journals databases, 2 newspapers and magazines databases.
- We have online interfaces to help you search for and identify materials you need, such as JGATE and OPAC.
- We will provide any information or knowledge material you may need that is not available internally in our library. You can contact our reference desk by contacting the reference librarian and placing a document delivery request.
- We have a subscription to a number of primary and secondary information sources to support our community’s learning and research needs.
- We send out alerts about new books and information in different subject areas that we add to our collection.
- We have a rich repository of statistical datasets across all socio-economic domains. It presently hosts relevant sub national, national and international datasets that can be used as the basis for empirical research and decision making (such as the Census, NSS, NFHS, Economic Survey, Annual Survey of Industries, DISE, and others).
- Our library has a documentation centre for you to photocopy, scan, print and bind (dissertation and theses), and lamination services with copyright norms.
The teaching and research work of the University is also supported by online resources such as JSTOR, EPWRF India Time Series (EPWRFITS), HeinOnline, Manupatra, Indiastat, CMIE, Sage Journals, Project Muse, World Bank eLibrary, and PressReader.
The library also has institutional membership of Information and Library Network Centre (INFLIBNET), Developing Libraries Network (DELNET), Indian Institute of Management (IIMB), Institute for Social and Economic Change (ISEC) Bengaluru and India Meteorological Department (IMD), Pune, to fulfil information needs of faculty, students, and research scholars.
We also provides access to interoperable repositories and platforms. Some of these like PURE (Publications Repository for All Foundation Publications), the Schoolbooks Archive (an archive of all textbooks and artefacts useful for researchers and teacher educators engaged in school education) are free and open access.
Other repositories of archival value are available for internal members only. The library also has valued donated collections by scholars like PM Bhargava, Nandan Sawhney, networks of voluntary organisations like CED (Education and Documentation Centre) and others which are available to users.
We welcome donations
The library welcomes donations and purchases of curated collections of value to its users to add to its collections. Individual and organizations interested in connecting with us for this are requested to email us at <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Write to us with queries
Email requests to <email@example.com> for queries about material you cannot find in the library.
Write to our Reference librarian <firstname.lastname@example.org> for queries about subscriptions and if you are looking for material.