We invite applicants for faculty positions in philosophy. We look for applicants who resonate with the purpose of the University and are keen to contribute to the design, development and delivery of the philosophy courses in our undergraduate programme. The programme is residential and faculty are expected to contribute to teaching and mentoring students and help build a vibrant community of learning.
Applicants should have:
- The ability and interest in teaching and mentoring a diverse body of students.
- A commitment to the university’s aims of education for public service.
- The ability to teach a broad range of philosophy classes in innovative ways.
- A PhD, completed or near completion, in analytic philosophy or a related field.
- Candidates with a doctoral degree in analytic philosophy or a related field are encouraged to apply
The ability to combine analytic and Indian philosophical approaches and an interest in the connections between philosophy and broader social issues in economics, politics, and education are an advantage.
Significant experience in teaching is an advantage, but not a necessity. Selected applicants will be mentored to develop their teaching.
- A short (one-two page note) explaining why you might wish to join the University
- Teaching and research statements.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two samples of scholarship (articles, chapters, books or any other)
- Two letters of recommendation emailed directly to the email id below
- A completed Information Summary Sheet
Please send in all documents by email to <firstname.lastname@example.org>