Our Social Enterprise Cell was set up in 2015 to enable our students to share, debate and discuss their ideas. It also helps them network with individuals, incubators and like-minded groups towards creating their own social ventures.
The cell is anchored by a University member, with the support of others who form a core group. Interested students from each batch volunteer, plan and organise all our yearly activities.
Our objectives align with our University’s explicit social purpose.
- To promote awareness about social entrepreneurship among our students as a tool for social action
- To nurture and guide entrepreneurial initiatives of our students and alumni
- To act as a resource centre for the social enterprise ecosystem in India through various events, programmes and publications.
We believe that our primary purpose is to make a social impact by solving critical and complex societal problems on the ground.
- We conduct various structured workshops and small capacity building programmes for our students which involve people from the University and external resource people. Some of the workshops are about design thinking, finance and budgeting of organisations, proposal writing, communication and outreach as well as organisation building.
- We organise regular on-campus interactions with young budding social entrepreneurs, some of whom are our own alumni. The invitees share their journey and struggles with interested students.
- In the coming years, we intend to nurture the matured ideas of recent graduates as well as alumni to provide providing mentoring and non-financial support.
- In 2016, we launched a national level Social Enterprise Idea Challenge event for college and University students across India.