Faculty Positions for Experienced Development Practitioners
We invite applications for multiple faculty positions in various thematic areas related to development.
We believe that learnings from the experience of development at the ground level must be central to education for development. We have faculty members with experience in an academic study of development as well as those who have experience in domains of development practice. In addition to teaching, our faculty are equally engaged with research, public writing, collaborative action on the ground, and policy development.
We are interested in candidates with expertise in the following thematic areas in rural and urban contexts.
- Public health
- Environment and climate change
- Local governance and democracy
- Development theories and histories
- Technology and development
- Social entrepreneurship
- Gender in development
- Adivasi concerns
- Forest rights and forest based livelihoods
- Development finance and financial inclusion
We are looking for:
- Deep expertise in at least one of the thematic areas listed above.
- An ability for strong empirical research.
- The capacity for critical and reflective thought.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- A readiness to engage with a very diverse and large student body.
- An orientation towards collaborative work.
- Teaching experience at graduate or postgraduate levels is desirable.
- Experience of ground-up policy development work is desirable.
Please email the following documents to email@example.com with the subject line:“Application for Faculty position for Experienced Development Practitioner”:
- A cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Samples of writing from proposals, reports, policy briefs, articles, etc. (need not be published work)
- Completed Information Summary Sheet