The New Education Policy mandates significant changes in assessment practices in school education.
We hope to transform the culture of assessments in school education through facilitating significant changes to the current assessment and examination practices. We work with the central government and many state government examination boards providing consulting services and ongoing professional development to build awareness on policies, practices and insights in assessments. Our work primarily is in three areas
- Teacher Assessment
- Student Assessment
- Institutional Assessment
We offer courses in the area of assessment to build capacities of key stakeholders in education on how to plan, design, implement and use state-mandated and system-level assessments more effectively to support classroom teaching and learning.
Reforms in Teacher Eligibility Test
We are supporting the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT) to revise the guidelines, develop the assessment frameworks and sample assessment tools for Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) and Sikkim Teacher Eligibility Test (STET).
Reforms in Board Examinations
We are currently collaboratively working with multiple education boards to improve the quality of assessment design, revamping the certification level assessment policies and reforms.
- Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
- Karnataka Secondary Education Examination Board (KSEEB)
- Tripura Board of Secondary Education (TBSE)
Inculcating dispositions (focus on assessment)
We are working in collaboration with the Karnataka SCERT to develop modules on constitutional values and supporting the Chhattisgarh Government in developing a framework and program to nurture dispositions in children through a whole-school approach.
We are supporting various states to adapt the Learning outcomes proposed by NCERT and consulting Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) to develop assessment standards for secondary level.
Implementation of NEP 2020
We are providing active consultation to various states on implementation of assessment related recommendation provided in National Education Policy (NEP) 2020
Understanding ‘Learning Outcomes’
This 5 day course develops a deeper understanding of what the outcomes of education, across stages and subjects, ought to be.
Perspectives on Assessment
A 5‑day course for with a holistic perspective on assessment.
Student assessment in practice
Student assessment is a critical aspect of the teaching and learning process that helps to systematically improve the quality of students’ learning through improved programs, curricula and teaching.
We have used our deep field experience to develop various assessment resources that include handbooks, manuals, and articles. These resources are published and made available for practitioners to improve their classroom practices.
- A closer look at the purposes of assessment in Indian context (Hindi)(English)
- Guidelines for question paper development (Hindi) (English)
- Learning outcomes secondary stage
- Teacher recruitment framework
- Well-being framework
- A study of Board examinations
- Principles for effective classroom assessment
- Authentic assessment
- An Introduction to Item Response Theory
- An Introduction to Classical Test Theory
- Assessing the equivalence of CTT and IRT
- Nurturing socio emotional learning in the context of schools
- A Guide to Read Interpret and Use Large Scale Assessment Data
- Using large-scale assessments to inform education policy and governance
- Doing formative assessments in classrooms