Large Scale Standardised Assessment
Introspection on the health and effectiveness of the education system.
National and state level large-scale assessments within education system are conducted to introspect on the health and effectiveness of systems. We conducted consultative workshops for Karnataka School Quality Assessment and Accreditation Council (KSQAAC), Andhra Pradesh Social Welfare Department, Puducherry and Chhattisgarh in order to develop and review the State Achievement Survey question papers.
Framework and Tools
The Azim Premji Foundation has been actively involved in conducting assessment-based interventions since the year 2002. Over the years we have developed expertise in the following areas:
- Designing assessment frameworks based on intense secondary research and on field experience.
- Designing blueprints, assessment items and rubrics.
- Designing and implementing pilot studies for ensuring better validity and reliability of tools which includes scientific sampling methodology and advanced item analysis techniques (such as CTT, IRT).
- Handling big data of student responses and customised reporting as per stakeholder requirements.
- Identifying action steps and designing interventions based on assessment data in order to follow up on policies and practices.
- Developing and facilitating certificate courses and workshops on large scale assessments.
Please write to us for any standardised assessment frameworks and tools.
On-Ground Experience for Working with Systemic State Level Assessments
Learning Guarantee Programme (LGP)
- Designed competency-based assessment program to improve accountability of schools to ensure better learning levels among students.
- Supported the implementation of LGP in 13,412 government schools spread across the states of Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand and Gujarat from 2002-07.
- Support to governments of Puducherry, Chhattisgarh, Andhra Pradesh and Uttarakhand in various state led assessment initiatives
We have conducted consultative workshops across the states of Puducherry, Chhattisgarh, Andhra Pradesh and Uttarakhand for planning, designing, conducting and institutionalising state achievement surveys.
Karnataka Census State Achievement Survey (C‑SAS)
- Supported the state government in design and implementation of C‑SAS conducted in over 54000 schools across Karnataka.
- Undertook capacity building of 50 – 70 teachers annually for end to end tool design across 3 cycles from 2017 – 19.