SCE-URC offers short-term and long-term courses to Senior Education functionaries such as Joint Directors of the Department of Education, Principals and Faculty of DIETs, Faculty of SCERT and District education officers.
These programmes focus on building administrative and academic capabilities required to carry out their day-to-day functions.
Some illustrative programmes are as follows:
- DEO induction programme- We have offered a 6‑month long blended induction programme for DEOs of Tamil Nadu. The programme had face-to-face workshops, webinars, and field practice components. For DEOs of the state of Rajasthan, we have conducted a 7‑day long induction programme.
- SCERT and DIET faculty induction and refresher courses- We have offered an induction programme for newly recruited faculty of DIETs and refresher courses on teacher education-related topics. These kinds of courses were offered to DIET faculties from Madhya Pradesh, Sikkim, Telangana, Meghalaya, and Karnataka. These courses help participants re-look at the vision, curriculum, and process of teacher education.
- Joint Directors’ Programme on Education Policy was offered to Joint directors of Tamil Nadu. The course aims to help them understand the process of policy formulation, implementation, and analysis.
- BEO capacity development programme- Induction and regular capacity development programmes for BEOs of Tamil Nadu, Sikkim, and Chhattisgarh respectively were offered. The programme again focuses on the administrative and academic roles of BEOs.
- Consultative workshops- Consultative workshops with a mixed group of Senior Functionaries of Bihar, Bodoland Territorial Region and Karnataka were conducted to discuss the current status and issues of education and plan to address those issues.