Areas of Interest & Expertise
- Caste, Cinema and Cultural Studies
- Gender & Queer Studies
- Indian writing in English
- Media Studies
Vinay is a part of the Resident Faculty team at the University.
Vinay teaches at The Language Centre. He has previously worked as a freelance journalist, translator, and photographer. He has written for The News Minute, The Ladies Finger and Feminism in India about caste, literature, Kannada, Telugu, and Tamil cinema and pop-culture.
Publications and writing
- “Remembering ‘Nityotsava Kavi’ Nissar Ahmed, one of Kannada literature’s foremost poets” (2020). The News Minute
- “What a comparison of the cult hits reveals about Kannada cinema: ‘Naagarahaavu’ vs ‘KGF’” (2019). The News Minute
- “The Chithi we never forgot” (2019). The News Minute
- “Dasari’s women: Revisiting the Telugu filmmaker who gave us ‘strong’ female leads” (2019). The News Minute
- “The Many Inventive Ways To Resist CAA, NRC And NPR” (2019). Feminism In India
- “Arundhati And The Fading Feminism In The Last Decade Of Telugu Cinema” (2019). Feminism In India
- “Blood Fry” (2020). The Goya Journal