Each of our programmes has specific criteria that you need to ensure you fulfil when you apply.
Have a look below to see what you need to have studied and what you require to be eligible for each programme.
For an MA in Education and Development, you need:
- A bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognised university in India or abroad.
- We encourage candidates with work experience to apply.
- You can apply if you are an undergraduate student appearing for your final year examinations and will complete your graduation before the commencement of the academic programme. The offer of provisional admission is valid only on successful completion of graduation.
For an MA in Economics you need:
- An undergraduate degree in Economics.
- Exceptions to this will be made on a case-by-case basis with students who are able to demonstrate sufficient economics knowledge.
For Master of Public Health you need
- Bachelor’s degree from any discipline and at least two years of work/field experience
- For candidates from medical and paramedical disciplines, the experience could include internships, clinical and healthcare work.
We encourage diversity
At Azim Premji University, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment for our students. We give everybody a fair chance at an education and offer need-based scholarships and financial support. We also provide support for students who are differently abled or neurodiverse. Wherever you are from, and whatever your background, be sure that we will consider what you need.
We acknowledge that in a country like India, belonging to historically marginalised communities can affect your access to education. Therefore, we take care to understand your socio-economic background and do our best to make sure that it does not hold you back from acquiring an enriching education.