Each of our programmes has specific criteria that you need to ensure you fulfil when you apply.
Have a look below to see what you need to have studied and what you require to be eligible for each programme.
For an MA in Economics you need:
- An undergraduate degree in any discipline.
- Exceptions to this will be made on a case-by-case basis with students who are able to demonstrate sufficient economics knowledge.
For an MA in Education, Development and Public Policy & Governance, you need:
- A bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognised university in India or abroad.
- We encourage candidates with work experience to apply.
- You can apply if you are an undergraduate student appearing for your final year examinations and will complete your graduation before the commencement of the academic programme. The offer of provisional admission is valid only on successful completion of graduation.
For the LLM in Law and Development you need:
- A Bachelor of Laws degree (or LLB of 3 or 5 years) from a recognised university in India or abroad.
- Relevant work experience. We encourage candidates with work experience to apply.
We reserve 25% of seats for Karnataka domiciled students.
These are offered to candidates who have met all the selection criteria.
We offer 50% waiver in tuition fee for candidates with more than 3 years of experience after graduation.
We encourage diversity
At Azim Premji University, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment for our students. We give everybody a fair chance at an education and offer need-based scholarships and financial support. Wherever you are from, and whatever your background, be sure that we will consider what you need.
In a country like India, we know that where you are from can affect all opportunities. We take care to understand your socioeconomic background and do our best to make sure that it does not hold you back from acquiring an enriching education.
Have you decided what you would like to study at Azim Premji University? You can choose between the following degrees: