The fee structure for the 2024 incoming batch is given below. Please note that we offer extensive need-based Scholarships (Financial Assistance) covering tuition fees and accommodation as explained below.
|Fees||2024 – 25||2025 – 26|
|Tuition fees||INR 125,000||INR 132,500|
|Accommodation charges*||INR 80,000||INR 80,000|
*The accommodation charges are applicable only if you stay in the University hostel. The accommodation charges for 2024 – 25 would be INR 80,000 per year and are subject to nominal inflationary increases in subsequent years.
Charges for food are payable at actuals. You will spend approximately INR 5,000 – INR 6,000 for food per month.
- There is no fee or deposit for the library, laboratory, IT facilities and examinations or books.
- You will have to bear all out-of-pocket personal expenses.
- Fees are payable at the beginning of each semester in July and January of each year.
- You may incur additional expenses between INR 40,000 to INR 70,000 over the two-year period towards Internship/field projects and other academic expenses for required courses.
a) Need-based financial assistance
We give financial assistance to deserving candidates based on family income. The financial assistance will be given in the form of fee waivers (not in the form of cash) to cover the tuition and accommodation expenses. In exceptional cases, we also provide financial assistance towards food expenses.
Financial assistance process
Students with an annual family income of less than 7 lakhs will be eligible for different levels of scholarships.
- While filling up the application form, please mention that you want to apply for financial assistance.
- If you are selected in the admission process, you will be asked to fill up the detailed financial assistance form and submit the supporting documents within a specified timeframe. You will need to provide the income details of all family members. (Please include income from salary, pension, rent, agriculture, business, investments, commission etc). We do not consider delayed submissions, so please be ready with the required documentation on time.
- The University’s financial assistance team will get in touch with you to understand and assess your financial condition, based on which a decision on financial assistance will be taken.
- The University will conduct its own verification process through a third-party agency, to validate all the financial information including income details and supporting documents provided by you. If the verification does not conform to the details provided by you, the University will withdraw scholarship. The decision of the University in all such cases will be final and binding.
b) Tuition fee waiver for working professionals
- This is applicable only for our 2‑year master’s programmes.
- If you have three or more years of work experience after graduation, you will be eligible for a 50% waiver on tuition fees.
- You need to submit experience certificates to avail this fee waiver.
- Father’s and mother’s bank statements (also other contributing members’ bank statements) with last one year transactions.
- Valid income certificate (In case the family income is less than INR 2.5 lakhs) from the competent statutory authority.
- Last three years’ Income Tax Returns (ITR) (In case the income of the family member is more than INR 2.5 lakhs).
- Audited Profit and Loss account statements for the last three years. (If the member is self-employed).
- Other documents – Salary slip, Form 16 issued by the employer, medical documents, siblings’ fee receipts, etc.
After we verify these documents, we may ask you for other documentation on a case-to-case basis. We conduct independent validation and background verification to ensure that our scholarships are given to deserving candidates. The decision we make about this is final and binding.
If we find any documentation to be incorrect or falsified, we reserve the right to withdraw the offer of admission.
The University will process the refund in line with the latest UGC Policy.
We offer you a group insurance facility covering life, hospitalization and accident insurance, at no extra cost.
Postgraduate Programmes Degrees
Have you decided what you would like to study at Azim Premji University? You can choose between the following degrees: