Areas of Interest & Expertise
- Critical Education
- Politics of Education
- Gender and Education
- Education and Development
Vishnu actively volunteered for Kerala Sasthra Sahithya Parishath (KSSP) for more than ten years and this association developed his interest in education, democracy, and social change.
He graduated from Kerala Agricultural University and decided to pursue his studies in Education, and completed his Master’s degree, Master of Philosophy (MPhil) degree, and Doctoral studies in Education from Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS).
Vishnu has been a recipient of the TISS Rural Transformation Fellowship, in 2012, and the UGC-NET Junior Research Fellowship in Education, in 2015.
Understanding the factors that shape the school systems in India.
- Kareepadath, V.P. (2018). Critical pedagogy in practice: A case study from Kerala, India. Journal of Pedagogy, 9(2), 33 – 54. https://doi.org/10.2478/jped-2018 – 0010
- Kareepadath, V.P. (2012). Anweshikkuka, kandethuka, chinthikkuka, pravarthikkuka (Trans. Explore, discover, think, act). Teachers Handbook. Centre for Environment Education (CEE), Ahmedabad.
- Kareepadath, V.P. (2019). Doing and redoing gender in school: An ethnographic study from Kerala. [Paper presentation]. Comparative Education Society of India (CESI) 10th International Conference, Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi, India
- Kareepadath, V.P. (2017). Theory in practice: A case study in critical pedagogy. [Paper presentation]. International Conference in Philosophy of Education, Azim Premji University, Bengaluru, India
- Kareepadath, V.P. (2016). Development and education in globalised era: A critical analysis of Kerala Perspective Plan, 2030. [Paper presentation]. National Conference, Regional Institute of Education (RIE), Bhopal, India