A group of teacher educators at Azim Premji University are closely working with middle school science teachers to develop their pedagogic practices on specific science concepts and broaden their pedagogic content knowledge to lead to effective science teaching.
The role of a research associate in this project will involve:
- Observing, interacting, and documenting teaching-learning processes through school visits in participating schools within Bangalore city.
- Translation of data collected from Kannada to English and documenting the report in English. Playing an active role in data encoding and analysis.
- Documenting project data and preparing reports.
- Participating in the project work and providing general support in its smooth running throughout the duration of the association.
The duration will be of 8 months, extendable up to 12 months based on the requirements of this project.
- Proficient in listening, speaking, reading, and writing Kannada and English.
- Graduate or Postgraduate degree in Science and Education.
- Ability to engage with qualitative research.
- Experience in doing field-based research, working with teachers and collaborative work will be an advantage.
- Analytical ability, organizational, documentation, report writing and communication skills.
- Interest in questions on teaching-learning of school science will be preferred.
- Knowledge of technical skills in using excel, and data analysis software.
- Familiarity with small scale audio-video documentation.
Please email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application for Research Associate – Developing PCK for middle school science teaching” by October 15th, 2023.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Completed Application Form Azim Premji University Application Form
- Names and contact details of two references