Faculty positions for an Interdisciplinary Studies Programme on Data, Democracy & Development
We invite applications for faculty positions to be a part of the Interdisciplinary Studies programme called Data, Democracy & Development at the School of Arts and Sciences, with teaching in related fields of economics, social sciences and mathematics.
We encourage applicants from all fields but we are particularly interested in the following:
- Applied Statistics/Data Science
- Information & Communications Technology for Development
- Law, Technology & Governance
- Political Economy of Technology
- Data Journalism
Candidates who work on issues of digital identities, politics of algorithms, social exclusions, and discrimination are encouraged to apply. We encourage applications from candidates belonging to historically underrepresented social groups and communities including people with disabilities.
- An advanced degree in the relevant area
- Strong commitment to teaching a diverse classroom
- An active research agenda and a willingness to contribute to a general liberal arts curriculum
Please email us the following documents at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application for DDD”.
- A short (one-two page) personal statement including background and interest in the University
- Teaching statement
- Research statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two samples of scholarship (working papers, published articles or others)
- Three letters of reference