Areas of Interest & Expertise
- Environmental Valuation
- Ecosystems and Human Well-being
- Traditional Ecological Knowledge and Sustainability
- Renewable Energy and Just Transition
Adaina has a PhD in Economics from Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT Madras).
He argued for plural forms of value articulation and worked on constructing a multi-dimensional framework for assessing the non-use values of the environment.
Some of his ongoing research projects are on just transition towards renewable energy, traditional ecological knowledge and sustainability, and place attachment in environmental valuation.
Structured classroom interaction for students to showcase field engagement and research questions
The history and socio-economic impact of development interventions on ecological systems.
How does the Indian economy work, and how has it changed over the course of the 20th century?
- Baby, S., & Adaina, K.C. (Forthcoming). Examining the impact of TRIPS Agreement on innovation: A review and research agenda. Journal of Interdisciplinary Economics.
- Pradeep, D., Adaina, K.C., & Kahmei, S. (2020). Well-being of north eastern migrant workers in Bangalore. Indian Journal of Human Development, 14(1), 99 — 114. https://doi.org/10.1177/0973703020916887
- Adaina, K.C. & Rajan, S.C. (2017). Rethinking Rationality in the Context of Environmental Policy. Indian Economic Journal. 60(1), 23 — 28. https://doi.org/10.1177/0019466220120103
- Kunte, G., & Adaina, K.C. (2021). Understanding the Linkages between Economic Growth and Environmental Outcomes: A Case from the Nilgiris District of the Western Ghats. 11th Biennial Conference, The Indian Society for Ecological Economics (INSEE), New Delhi.
- Pradeep, D., & Adaina, K.C. (2019). Subjective Wellbeing of North East Workers and its Correlates: Some Behavioural Insights. 61st Annual Labour Economics Conference, The Indian Society of Labour Economics (ISLE), Patiala, Punjab.
- Pradeep, D., & Adaina, K.C. (2015). Unpaid Care Work in a Development Context: Conceptual Issues and Policy Questions. Annual Conference, The Indian Society of Labour Economics (ISLE), Central University of Kashmir, Srinagar.
- Adaina, K.C. (2012). Does Behavioural Economics Matter for Environmental Policy? 12th Biennial Conference of the International Society for Ecological Economics (ISEE), Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Adaina, K.C. (2010). Implications of Bounded Rationality for Environmental Policy. Spring Meeting of Young Economists (SMYE) Conference, Luxembourg.
- National Conference on Environment, Economy and Human Well Being. (2016, March). In collaboration with Institute for Social and Economic Change (ISEC) at Christ University, Bengaluru.