Areas of Interest & Expertise
- Industrial Organization
- Macroeconomic implications of Frictions in Financial Markets
- Economics of Ideas
- Game Theory
- Economic applications of Computation
Avinash received his economics education from Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi and Deen Dayal Upadhyay Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur. Prior to joining the University, he had worked as an Associate Research Fellow with the Takshashila Institution, Bangalore.
Avinash has extensive experience in public outreach and communication. Apart from academic economics, he has a keen interest in financial risk management. He enjoys programming in his spare time.
Tripathi, A. M., Pranay Kotasthane, Anirudh Kanisetti, & Nitin Pai. (Eds.). (2020). Economic Strategies for a Resurgent India. In India’s Marathon: . Reshaping the Post-Pandemic World Order. Takshashila Institution.
- Tripathi A.M and Jayadev, A (2021, May 07). Vaccines: The Centre and states should divide tasks. The Hindustan Times. https://www.hindustantimes.com/analysis/vaccines-the-centre-and-states-should-divide-tasks-101620391680004.html
- Tripathi A.M. (2018, March 9). Designing Competition Policies for the Age of AI. The Mint.https://www.livemint.com/Opinion/cgb8hI830DpAIzuLCQ2ZaP/Designing-competition-policies-for-the-age-of-AI.html
- Tripathi A.M. (2018, September 13). How Basel III plugged regulatory loopholes. The Mint. https://www.livemint.com/Opinion/2UnlpD9MKJjAX5p7zIQPBL/Opinion – How-Basel-III-plugged-regulatory-loopholes.html