The Community Engagement Initiative (see this link to know more about the initiative) at the University is planning to initiate a long-term agriculture intervention plan in the neighbourhood. The objectives would be:
- To help interested families continue in more meaningful, sustained, ecologically sensitive and gainful farming activities.
- To build platforms for producers and consumers to come together, interact and understand each other.
- To make communities and farmers aware of locally grown nutritious produces and increase their usage and consumption.
- You will be meeting all families in the working geography who are engaged in farming to understand their situation, concerns and future plans.
- Documenting the farming pattern, crops and vegetables locally grown and consumed; produces sold in market; pricing etc.
- Meeting ‘consumers’ in villages and apartments as groups and understand their needs and understanding of what they eat and farmers around them.
- You will also formalize few small groups of farmers as collectives.
- A degree/post-graduate degree in any social science discipline.
- Work experience (2−3 years) with similar roles would be preferable.
- Fluency in speaking, reading and writing in Kannada and English as well meticulous documentation skills in these languages.
- Conversational ability in Hindi and other South Indian languages would be an advantage.
- Willingness and ability to a)work regularly and intensely in the field with farmers, community members, apartment dwellers b) build rapport with people and c) sensibly engage with a diversity of communities including elected members, public officials, University members.
- If you are from the from the vicinity, staying in near-by localities it would be an advantage as the role will require you to spend more time in the field, on an everyday basis.
- You should be able to commit to the position for at least 2 years.
Please email the following documents to email@example.com with the subject line“Application for Research Associate – Community Engagement Initiative ”:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Completed Application Form