Azim Premji University, Bhopal started operations in August 2023, offering postgraduate and undergraduate programs. The first phase of campus construction is complete and the overall 50-acre campus with state-of-the-art academic and residential facilities will be ready over the next few years. We expect to grow to about 4000 students and 500 members over the next few years.
We are expanding our program offerings and are inviting applications for full time faculty positions. We will offer faculty an enriching and fulfilling institution building experience encompassing inter disciplinary program design, development, and research opportunities, setting up and implementation of key institutional processes, culture building and participation in various institutional bodies.
We invite applications for the education programme for our campuses in Bhopal and Bangalore, specifically in the area of mathematics education.
As a faculty member of the University, you will be teaching various courses in mathematics education, involving mathematical content and thinking about teaching and learning of mathematics. You will also be expected to do research in an area of your choice.
In addition to those who have engaged substantially with ideas in mathematics education, we also invite those who have engaged with mathematics education as a practice. Those whose work focuses on school education in the Indian context would be of most interest.
- An advanced degree in education/mathematics education with significant engagement with education and mathematics at the school level.
- Sound understanding of school mathematics and the educational context of India.
- Able to demonstrate engagement with significant aspects of teaching and learning of mathematics in India.
- Worked and thought deeply about mathematics education at some level of school education.
- Strong commitment to teaching and research and a willingness to contribute to mathematics education curriculum.
- Ability to teach and develop courses in a Master’s level Education Programme.
- Willingness to engage with a diverse student body.
Please email your application to email@example.com with the subject line“Application for faculty position in Mathematics Education”:
- Covering letter indicating the subject area of your interest and professional statement of purpose.
- A short (one or two-page note) explaining why you might wish to join the University.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two samples of scholarship (articles, chapters, books or any other) or reflections on experience (for practitioners only)
- Completed Information Summary sheet