Azim Premji University, Bhopal started operations in August 2023, offering postgraduate and undergraduate programs. The first phase of campus construction is complete and the overall 50-acre campus with state-of-the-art academic and residential facilities will be ready over the next few years. We expect to grow to about 4000 students and 500 members over the next few years.
We are expanding our program offerings and are inviting applications for full time faculty positions. We will offer faculty an enriching and fulfilling institution building experience encompassing inter disciplinary program design, development, and research opportunities, setting up and implementation of key institutional processes, culture building and participation in various institutional bodies.
As a Language Associate, you will be required to support students transition from Indian languages to English by:
- Conducting tutorials to improve their reading and writing abilities.
- Designing and developing modules for writing workshops in collaboration with the faculty members.
- Facilitating sessions that familiarise students with notetaking, note-making, citation and referencing, quoting, paraphrasing, summarising, plagiarism awareness, etc.
- Conducting workshops to train students in research management software such as Mendeley, Zotero, EndNote, etc.
- An advanced degree in English, English Language Studies, English Language Teaching or related areas.
- Relevant experience of copy-editing in English.
- Knowledge and experience in academic writing and publication.
- High proficiency in reading, writing, speaking English & Hindi. Fluency in other Indian languages is desirable.
- A strong commitment to teaching, reading and writing in a linguistically diverse classroom.
Please email the following documents to <email@example.com> with the subject line: “Application for Language Associate – BHOPAL”:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Information Summary Sheet