The land question is at the centre of various development and governance debates with important implications for policy and research.
The way land is tenured and governed and the way land is used for growth and development are interlinked with far reaching consequences on collective actions relating to climate change, sustainable food systems, tribal livelihoods, empowerment of women farmers, nutrition security and migration.
However, these interconnections are hardly discussed, investigated, and reported to help practitioners, researchers, and decision makers to take informed decisions.
To address this gap and equip development practitioners with better and nuanced understanding of land and development connections, Azim Premji University, Bengaluru and the Centre for Land Governance, Bhubaneswar are organising a five-day residential workshop from 3 July–7 July 2023.
This is in continuation of the two previous workshops held at Azim Premji University in 2022. These workshops held in a hybrid mode were attended by over 60 participants from India and abroad.
The proposed third workshop seeks to draw upon the success of the first two workshops and build on that experience.
The workshop will
- facilitate interactive sessions by expert resource persons.
- provide a platform for co-learning for participants who will get a deeper understanding of how good land governance plays a critical role in addressing some of the contemporary development challenges.
Last date for application: 10 June 2023
- Working Professionals associated with Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs)/INGOs (International Non-Governmental Organisations), donor agencies, private sector managers involved in corporate social responsibility, rehabilitation and resettlement, and investment decisions.
- Young academicians, doctoral scholars/graduate students
- Journalists and lawyers
- Government officials involved in land administration
Participants will be provided twin-sharing accommodation on campus.
The workshop, accommodation, and food will be free of cost.
Participants will have to take care of travel, on their own.
Details of the past workshops
Workshop on Land Governance and Development
Besides lectures, case studies and group work, the workshop will also include practice sessions on developing Land Policy Briefs.
Summer School on Land Governance and Development | 20 – 25 June 2022
This Summer School organised by the School of Public Policy and Governance of Azim Premji University, Bengaluru and the Centre for Land Governance, Bhubaneshwar introduces participants to policy debates centered around land and development.