Areas of Interest & Expertise
- Policy Agendas and Advocacy
- Political Communication
- Social and Political Movements
- Election Campaigns
- Digital Politics
I hold a Master’s degree in Public Policy from National Law School of India University and an Engineering degree from JNTU (Hyderabad). Prior to joining Azim Premji University, I was an Adjunct Assistant Professor of Public Policy at Mount Carmel College (Autonomous), Bengaluru where I developed and taught courses on policy analysis and political communication. During my stint as a political consultant, I gained hands on experience in policy advising and political advocacy. I believe that policy problems are incomplete if the interplay of political, social and economic is discounted. I am very keen to comprehend the politics of development and always attempt to situate public problems within political contexts. My hobbies include exploring food places, taking up impromptu road trips and watching movies.
Chapter in Edited Book
Pellissery, S. & Sasidhar, TVS. (2018). India as a Post-Colonial Welfare State. Routledge Handbook of the Welfare State, Print ISBN: 9781138631649
Basu, K., Biswas, S., Harish. P., Lahiri. M., & Sasidhar. TVS. (2016). Is Multi-Party Coalition Government Better for The Protection of Socially Backward Classes in India?. 2016⁄109. Helsinki: UNU-WIDER
Pellissery, S., Manocha, P., Mukherjee, S., Sasidhar, TVS. & Kaushik, N. (2015). The Sugarcane Conundrum: Some Policy Recommendations to Avert the Crisis. In Law, (2), 64 – 67.
- Joesph, M. & Sasidhar, TVS. (2020, August 27). The Congress needs more than one captain now. The News Minute. https://www.thenewsminute.com/article/blog-congress-needs-more-one-captain-now-131674
- Sasidhar, TVS. (2019, October 29). Understanding The Meaning of Sustainable Development. https://devarc.pragmadev.in/2019/10/understanding-meaning-of-sustainable.html
- Sasidhar, TVS. (2018, July 30). Before The 2019 Elections, Indians Must Redefine How They Participate In Politics. https://www.youthkiawaaz.com/2018/07/debates-and-dissents-a-forum-to-redefine-citizen-participation-is-the-need-of-the-hour/
Enabling Entrepreneurship through Social Security (2020). Global Alliance for Mass Entrepreneurship. https://massentrepreneurship.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Enabling-Entrepreneurship-Through-Social-Security.pdf