Areas of Interest & Expertise
- Policy Agendas and Advocacy
- Political Communication
- Social and Political Movements
- Election Campaigns
- Digital Politics
I hold a Master’s degree in Public Policy from National Law School of India University and an Engineering degree from JNTU (Hyderabad). Prior to joining Azim Premji University, I was an Adjunct Assistant Professor of Public Policy at Mount Carmel College (Autonomous), Bengaluru where I developed and taught courses on policy analysis and political communication. During my stint as a political consultant, I gained hands on experience in policy advising and political advocacy. I believe that policy problems are incomplete if the interplay of political, social and economic is discounted. I am very keen to comprehend the politics of development and always attempt to situate public problems within political contexts.
Chapter in Edited Book
Pellissery, S. & Sasidhar, TVS. (2018). India as a Post-Colonial Welfare State. In Routledge Handbook of the Welfare State (pp. 223 – 231). Print. ISBN: 9781138631649
Is Multi-Party Coalition Government Better for The Protection of Socially Backward Classes in India?. (2016). United Nations University World Institute for Development Economics Research. https://www.wider.unu.edu/publication/multi-party-coalition-government-better-protection-socially-backward-classes-india
Pellissery, S., Manocha, P., Mukherjee, S., Sasidhar, TVS. & Kaushik, N. (2015). The Sugarcane Conundrum: Some Policy Recommendations to Avert the Crisis. In Law, (2), 64 – 67.
- Joesph, M. & Sasidhar, TVS. (2020, August 27). The Congress needs more than one captain now. https://www.thenewsminute.com/article/blog-congress-needs-more-one-captain-now-131674
- Sasidhar, TVS. (2019, October 29). Understanding The Meaning of Sustainable Development. https://devarc.pragmadev.in/2019/10/understanding-meaning-of-sustainable.html
- Sasidhar, TVS. (2018, July 30). Before The 2019 Elections, Indians Must Redefine How They Participate In Politics. https://www.youthkiawaaz.com/2018/07/debates-and-dissents-a-forum-to-redefine-citizen-participation-is-the-need-of-the-hour/
Enabling Entrepreneurship through Social Security. (2020). Global Alliance for Mass Entrepreneurship. https://massentrepreneurship.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Enabling-Entrepreneurship-Through-Social-Security.pdf