The 2nd Science Undergraduate Research Conference (SURC) will be held on the 8 & 9 December 2023 at Azim Premji University, Bengaluru.
Note: Registration for the conference is now closed. Spot registration on the day of the conference is not available.
We are happy to announce that we have around 150 student and faculty from around the country participating!
In the two days of the conference, there will be six different workshops offered to the participants.
- The Biology and Chemistry of Cooking: Plants cook for us, we process it further through the art of recipes. Do cultural recipes also follow scientific pathways?
- DIY Microscope: Craft a pocket tool and scale the captivating world of micro-organisms.
- Basic Google Earth and GIS Mapping: Basic Google Earth and GIS mapping using Open-source software for STEM students.
- Nature Writing for Children: Learn the essentials of nature writing for children, and to cultivate new ideas for books and stories.
- Thinking Hands: Make frames and play with soap to learn more about the geometry of the surfaces formed.
- Make Art with Physics!: Create art using physical phenomena — There will be hands on sessions where the participants will paint using the physics of viscous flow, take Schlieren photographs and learn how to make flutes.
Keep watching this space for more updates.
|Day 1 | 8 December 2023|
|07:00 – 09:00||Breakfast|
|09:30 – 09:45||Welcome Address|
|09:45 – 10:45||Talk by Prof. Sumanta Bagchi|
|10:45 – 11:00||Tea Break|
|11:00 – 12:00||Talks Session 1|
|12:00 – 14:00||Lunch + Poster Sesssion 1|
|14:00 – 15:00||Talks Session 2|
|15:00 – 17:00||Workshops|
|17:00 – 17:15||Tea Break|
|17:15 – 19:00||Open Mic|
|19:00 – 21:00||Dinner|
|21:00 – 22:00||Star Gazing / Movie|
|Day 2 | 9 December 2023|
|06:00 – 07:00||Bird Watching|
|07:15 – 08:45||Breakfast|
|09:00 – 10:00||Talk by Prof. D. Indumathi|
|10:00 – 10:30||Tea Break|
|10:30 – 12:30||Talks Session 3|
|12:30 – 14:30||Lunch + Poster Session 2|
|14:30 – 16:30||Workshops|
|16:30 – 17:00||Closing Address followed by Tea|
|19:00 – 21:00||Dinner|
- Those who have to travel back early may leave after lunch. Ensure you collect your certificate.
- There will be no special certificate giving ceremony. Participants can collect certificates as they leave.
All participants will be provided food and accommodation on our campus. A nominal registration fee will be charged.
In general, we do not reimburse travel expenses, but we will consider travel and registration fee reimbursement requests on a case-by-case basis.
Limited financial assistance for travel and registration may be available.