Areas of Interest & Expertise
- Dynamical Models
- Graph Theory
- Collective Phenomenon
- Algorithmic Thinking
- Computational Neuroscience
Kaustubh is a Visiting Faculty at the School of Arts and Sciences.
She had joined the University in January 2019 and she teaches Physics, Mathematics and Programming in the School of Arts and Sciences.
Prior to this, she was teaching at the Post Graduate Department of Physics in Vijaya College, Bangalore University.
She finished her PhD from the School of Physical Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University in 2013. She worked as a DS Kothari Postdoctoral fellow at the Department of Mathematics, Indian Institute of Science (2014−2017).
She has extensively worked with automata models to understand simple neuronal dynamics in networks of neurons. In her recent work, she (along with her co-authors) reviewed and outlined some of the key results and findings in the field of generalised synchronisation, a fundamental phenomenon observed in nonlinear dynamics.
She loves to travel and indulge in local cuisines and adventure activities. She practices Buddhism and enjoys reading spiritual books.
Mathematical Methods in Physics 1
Experimental Foundations: Perform experiments that were significant milestones in the development of physics.
Exploring dynamics of proteins, fireflies, pendulums and more!
Mathematical Methods in Physics II
Everyday math for a physicist!
Introduction to Programming
Helping you explore programming with depth.
Mathematical Methods in Physics
The importance of calculus in Physics.
- Manchanda, K., & Ramaswamy. R. (2011). An order parameter for the transition from strong to weak generalized synchrony from empirical mode decomposition analysis. Physical Review E, 83, 066201(1) — 066201(6). https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevE.83.066201
- Manchanda, K., Singh, T. U., & Ramaswamy, R. (2011). Dynamics of excitable nodes on random graphs. Pramana, 77, 803 — 809. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s12043-011‑0180‑6
- Singh, T. U., Manchanda, K., Ramaswamy, R., & Bose A. (2011). Excitable nodes on random graphs: Relating dynamics to network structure. SIAM Journal of Applied Dynamical Systems, 10, 987 — 1012. https://epubs.siam.org/doi/abs/10.1137/100802864
- Manchanda, K., Yadav, A. C., & Ramaswamy, R. (2013). Scaling behavior in probabilistic neuronal cellular automata. Physical Review E, 87, 012704(1)- 012704(6). https://journals.aps.org/pre/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevE.87.012704
- Yadav, A. C., Manchanda, K., & Ramaswamy, R. (2017). Emergent organization in a market model. Physica A, 482, 118 — 126. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0378437117303321
- Manchanda, K., Bose, A., & Ramaswamy, R. (2017). Collective dynamics in heterogeneous networks of neuronal cellular automata. Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, 487, 111 — 124. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.physa.2017.06.021
- Jafri, H. H., Singh, T. U., & Manchanda, K. (2019). Revisiting generalized synchrony: Progress and perspectives. Indian Academy of Sciences Conference Series, 2(1), 39 – 54. 10.29195/iascs.02.01.0006
- Mody, S.K., Manchanda, K., Rangarajan, G. (Ongoing). Granger causality analysis of sparse neuronal networks in monkey brain.