Areas of Interest & Expertise
- Climate Change
- Risk and Uncertainty
- History of Science and Technology
Aravindhan was formerly a research scholar with the Centre for Climate Change and Sustainability Studies, at the Tata Institute of Social Sciences. His current research work focuses on ‘Recycling and Industrial Sustainability in the Indian Economy’ with a focus on informal sector plastic recycling units. He has also worked on the subject of risk perceptions and uncertainty pertaining to technological adoption in agriculture. His research interests include industrial sustainability, climate change, risk and uncertainty.
Publications and Writings
Research Articles (Published)
- Nagarajan, A. (2018). Maharashtra’s War on Plastic. Economic & Political Weekly, 53(24), 11.
- Nagarajan, A., Murari, K. K., Jayaraman, T., & Radhakrishnan, G. (2015). Appraising the Debate on Biodiversity Conservation in the Western Ghats. Economic & Political Weekly, 50(30), 49.
- Nagarajan, Aravindhan. “India’s Waste Problem.” Economic & Political Weekly 54.1 (2019): 27.
- Nagarajan, Aravindhan (2018), “The Development of Transgenic Crop Technologies in India: Past Experiences and Future Prospects,” Review of Agrarian Studies, vol. 8, no. 2.
- Aravindhan, N (2018, June, 4). Paying the Price for Cleaning the City’s Plastic. NewsClick.in.