Azim Premji University, Bhopal started operations in August 2023, offering postgraduate and undergraduate programmes. The first phase of campus construction is complete and the overall 50-acre campus with state-of-the-art academic and residential facilities will be ready over the next few years. We expect to grow to about 4000 students and 500 members over the next few years.
We are expanding our programme offerings and are inviting applications for full time faculty positions. We will offer faculty an enriching and fulfilling institution building experience encompassing interdisciplinary programme design, development, and research opportunities, setting up and implementation of key institutional processes, culture building and participation in various institutional bodies.
We invite applications for the Education programme for our campus at Bhopal, specifically in the areas of:
- Early Childhood Education
- Philosophy of Education
- Mathematics Education
- Child Development and Learning
In addition to those who have engaged substantially with ideas in education, we invite those with deep and significant field experience. Those whose work focuses on school education in the Indian context would be of the most interest.
- Capacity to be reflective and think critically
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Orientation towards collaborative work
- Willingness to engage with a diverse student body
- For academics, an advanced degree in relevant field. For experienced practitioners: On the ground experience of more than 10 years and a postgraduate degree (or equivalent) in any relevant field
- Ability to teach and develop courses in a Master’s level Education Programme
- Ability to engage with students in Hindi language
Please email your application with the subject line “Bhopal Campus <Your subject or work area>” to email@example.com
- Covering letter indicating the subject area of your interest and professional statement of purpose.
- A short (one or two-page note) explaining why you might wish to join the university (applications without this note will not be entertained)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two samples of scholarship (articles, chapters, books or any other) or reflections on experience (for practitioners only)
- Two or three recommendation letters
- Completed Information Summary Sheet