Azim Premji University, Bhopal is expected to start operations in Bhopal in 2023. It will offer programmes in teacher education, public health and other domains related to education and development. It will also offer a wide range of continuing education programmes in these domains.
We invite applications for the Education programme for our upcoming campus at Bhopal, specifically in the areas of Curriculum and Pedagogy of school subjects, Sociology of Education, Early Childhood Education, School Systems, Special Education, Psychology of Education.
In addition to those who have engaged substantially with ideas in education, we invite those with deep and significant field experience. Those whose work focuses on school education in the Indian context would be of the most interest.
- Capacity to be reflective and think critically
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Orientation towards collaborative work
- Willingness to engage with a diverse student body
- For academics, an advanced degree in relevant fieldFor experienced practitioners: On the ground experience of more than 10 years and a postgraduate degree (or equivalent) in any relevant field
- Ability to teach and develop courses in a Master’s level Education Programme
- Ability to engage with students in Hindi language
Please email your application with the subject line “Bhopal Campus <Your subject or work area>” to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Covering letter indicating the subject area of your interest and professional statement of purpose.
- A short (one or two-page note) explaining why you might wish to join the university (applications without this note will not be entertained)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two samples of scholarship (articles, chapters, books or any other) or reflections on experience (for practitioners only)
- Two or three recommendation letters
- Completed Information Summary Sheet