Field Practice is an important curricular component in the pre-service teacher education (BScBEd) programmes at Azim Premji University.
The Field Practice Coordinator will ensure smooth implementation of the field practice components, liaison with schools and mentor teacher education students.
- Conceptualize and design field practice components for pre-service teacher education programmes. This involves detailed designing of activities based on the programme vision, within each aspect of professional practice
- Documentation and contribution to revision of the curriculum based on the experiences
- Establish and maintain relationships with a network of schools where student teachers go for teaching practice
- Mentor and assess student-teachers for their engagement in the field practice activities
We are looking for:
- Two or more years of experience in school contexts, preferably teaching experience and an MA/MEd in Education
- Experience in coordinating/managing programmes in educational institutions or other similar institutions
- Experience/Understanding of teacher preparation programmes