Faculty positions in Local Democracy
We invite applications from academics and experienced practitioners.
We believe that development education, research and policy draw their strengths from academic studies as well as reflective, on-the-ground practice. Our faculty are from academia as well as the development sector, and engage in collaborative teaching, research, public writing, and policy work.
We are particularly interested in candidates with academic or practice experience in local democracy in rural or urban settings in the Indian context.
We are looking for:
- Expertise and experience in democratic decentralisation, local democratic governance, and local development.
- For academics, an advanced degree in a relevant field.
- For experienced practitioners:, on-the-ground experience of at least 10 years and postgraduate degree in any field.
- Capacity to be reflective and think critically.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Orientation towards collaborative work.
- Willingness to engage with a very diverse and large student body.
- Experience of ground-up policy development work is desirable.
Please email the following documents to <email@example.com>:
- Covering letter indicating the subject area of your interest and a professional statement of purpose
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two samples of writing (e.g. academic publications, technical reports, policy brief, analytical case study or others).
- Completed Information Summary Sheet