Resources and Publications
Early Learner Assessment (ELA)
A handbook for developmental assessment for 3- to 5‑year-old children
ELA is a free, open-access handbook for Early Childhood Education (ECE) professionals— teachers, researchers, organisations working with children, as well as parents. The handbook provides assessment activities to help gauge the developmental levels of 3 – 5‑year-old children.
This academically and statistically rigorous standardised tool is a collective effort of the Sangareddy Early Childhood Education Initiative and Azim Premji University.
Click below to receive a free copy of the tool at your registered address:
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org in case of any queries.
Check out this space for a video demonstration of How to use the ELA tool.
Panel discussion | Early Childhood Education and NEP 2020
- Karnataka Curricular Framework for the Foundational Stage: https://dwcd.karnataka.gov.in/storage/pdf-files/KSCF_English_March%202023.pdf
- NCF FS: https://ncert.nic.in/pdf/NCF_for_Foundational_Stage_20_October_2022.pdf
- How to make children understand writing in their early years: https://azimpremjiuniversity.edu.in/news/2022/how-to-make-children-understand-writing-in-their-early-years
- Perspectives on teaching children with disabilities, Learning Curve, Issue 05, December 2019: https://cdn.azimpremjiuniversity.edu.in/apuc3/media/publications/downloads/Learning-Curve-Issue-5-Dec-2019.pdf
- Early Childhood Education, Learning Curve, Issue 22, May 2014: https://cdn.azimpremjiuniversity.edu.in/apuc3/media/publications/downloads/LC_Issue-22_May-2014_Early-childhood-education.pdf
- Azim Premji Foundation and Azim Premji University publications: https://azimpremjifoundation.org/field-collection/field-foundation-and-university-/919
- Why a teacher does what she does: An analysis of a (math) teacher’s pedagogy: http://www.teacherplus.org/why-a-teacher-does-what-she-does/
- Are we doing enough to create the best learning opportunities? https://www.dnaindia.com/education/column-are-we-doing-enough-to-create-the-best-learning-opportunities-2271151