Areas of Interest & Expertise
- Medieval Hindi and Marathi Literature and Society
- Cultural Studies
- Translation Studies
Mobin Jahoroddin is a part of the Translations Initiative at the University.
He received his graduation from Swami Ramanand Teerth Marathwada (SRTM) University, Nanded (Maharashtra), and MA, M Phil, and PhD from University of Hyderabad.
He has published several articles in academically reputed journals such as Alochana, Vak, and Parivartan. After a book on Hindi poetry criticism on Vinod Das in 2011, he recently published another Hindi book titled Bhakti, bhasha aur polemix (भक्ति भाषा और पॉलिमिक्स).
He has taught Indian Poetics, Bhakti Movement,Modern (Hindi) Literary Criticism, and Translation Studies for three years to Postgraduate students at Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT); and Hindi Language and Prose to Undergraduate students at St. Joseph’s University, Bengaluru for a year.
He has worked with National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bengaluru, and several private educational firms as a subject matter expert.
- Jahoroddin, M. (2023). भक्ति भाषा और पॉलिमिक्स (First ed.). Setu Publications. https://www.setuprakashan.com/book.php?id=9789391277406
- Jahoroddin, M. (2016). Eknath Ka Hindustani kavya, Vak-23
- Jahoroddin, M. (2016). Namdev ka Hindi kavya: Itihaas, bhakti aur parampara. Vak-22
- Jahoroddin, M. (2014). Chokhamela ki Kavita: Bhakti, Pratirodh Aur Polemic. Vak-18.