Areas of Interest & Expertise
- Climate Change
- Development Economics
- Risk and Uncertainty
- Applied Econometrics
- Economics of Agriculture
- Technological Change
- Sustainable Development
Kedar received his Ph.D in Applied Economics from Oregon State University in 2021. His research interests lie at the nexus of agricultural economics, environmental economics, and development economics. In particular, his work focuses on the sustainability of agricultural systems in developing countries, including climate change impacts, adaptation and mitigation in agriculture and on examining the environmental impacts of agricultural technologies.
In his free time, Kedar enjoys watching football and cricket, playing chess, and traveling.
Understand climate change through an economic lens
- Kulkarni, K. (2021, June 2 – 4). Quantifying Vulnerability of Crop Yields in India to Weather Extremes [Selected Paper Presentation]. Association of Environmental and Resource Economists (AERE) Summer Conference. Miami, Florida, United States.
- Kulkarni, K. (2021, August 1 – 3). Quantifying Vulnerability of Crop Yields in India to Weather Extremes [Selected Paper Presentation]. 2021 AAEA and WAEA Joint Annual Meeting. Austin, Texas, United States.
- Kulkarni, K. (2020). Weather risk, vulnerability, and adaptation in Indian Agriculture [Selected Paper Presentation]. 2020 Western Agricultural Economics Association (WAEA) Annual Meeting. Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States.
- Kulkarni, K. (2019). Assessing climate vulnerability and risks using partial and quantile moments [Paper Presentation]. 2019 Northwest Development Workshop. University of Washington, Seattle, United States.
- Kulkarni, K. (2013). Common Property Resources: The Fishery and the Assurance Problem. Centre for Economic and Social Studies (CESS), Hyderabad, India.
- Kulkarni, K. and Rossi, D. (2021 November). Determinants of risk exposure: An analysis of Korean rice farms using partial and quantile models.
- Kulkarni, K. (2021 April). A new methodology for measuring household’s vulnerability to poverty.
- Kulkarni, K. (2021 April). Can online classroom games improve student outcomes in economics courses? Evidence from an extended campus course.
- Kulkarni, K. and Max, R. (2021 January). The Impacts of Environmental Regulations on Health: A Cross-Country Empirical Analysis.
- Kulkarni, K. (2020 November). Quantifying Vulnerability of Crop Yields in India to Weather Extremes. (DOI: tinyurl.com/4phfk9r6)