Areas of Interest & Expertise
- Photoluminescence Spectroscopy
- Novel Semiconducting Thin Films
- Thin Film Solar Cells
- Neutrino Oscillations
- Physics Education
- History of Science
- Pedagogy of Science
- Capacity Development in Science Education
Jubimol has a doctoral degree in Physics with a specialisation in photoluminescence spectroscopy and thin film solar cells from Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT), Kerala, India.
Before joining the University, she was working as an Assistant professor at Mar Athanasius college, Kerala, India. She has been a recipient of Kerala State Council for Science and Technology (KSCSTE) research fellowship and Basic Scienctific Research (BSR) fellowship in sciences from University Grants Commission (UGC).
She was the first rank holder for BSc Physics at Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala.
At the University, she is contributing towards science education and capacity development programmes for teachers in physics and science.
- Jabbar, J., Sreejith, M.S., Cheranellore, S.K., Vijayakumar, K.P., & Louis, G. (2018). Analysis of spray pyrolysed copper zinc sulfide thin films using photoluminescence. Journal of Luminescence, 203, 436 – 440. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jlumin.2018.06.079
- Deepu, D.R., Jabbar, J., Cheranellore, S.K., Louis, G., Kumar, K.R., & Vijayakumar, K.P. (2015, June). Modification of opto-electronic properties of ZnO by incorporating metallic tin for buffer layer in thin film solar cells. AIP Conference Proceedings, 1665,120019 – 1 – 120019 – 3. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.4918126
- Jabbar, J., Sreejith, M.S., Cheranellore, S.K., Vijayakumar, K.P., & Louis, G. (2019, March). Photoluminescence studies on copper zinc sulfide thin films synthesized through chemical bath deposition. AIP Conference Proceedings 2082, 050005 – 1 – 050005 – 4. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5093865
- Jabbar, J., Deepu, D.R., Rajesh, C.S., Aswathy, G., Cheranellore, S.K., Louis, G., & Vijayakumar, K.P. (2016, December). Photoluminescence based investigations of precursor related impacts on silver doped ZnO thin films. OSA Technical Digest. https://opg.optica.org/abstract.cfm?URI=Photonics-2016-W3A.24
- Jabbar, J., Ninan, G.G., Cheranellore, S.K., Vijayakumar, K.P., & Louis, G. (2019). Copper zinc sulfide thin films as ternary semiconducting material for solar energy applications. International Conference on Sustainable Energy-Water-Environment Nexus in Desert Climate, Qatar Energy and Environment Research Institute (QEERI), Qatar.
- Jabbar, J., Geethu, R., Cheranellore, S.K., Vijayakumar, K.P., & Louis, G. (2018). Photoluminescence spectroscopy for optimizing deposition parameters of surface modified ZnO films. International Conference on Fiber Optics and Photonics, Photonics, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, Delhi, India.
- Jabbar, J., Sreejith, M.S., Cheranellore, S.K., Vijayakumar, K.P., & Louis, G. (2018). Morphological and optical analysis of copper zinc sulfide deposited using different precursors. International Conference on Materials for the Millennium-MATCON, Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT), Kerala, India.
- Jabbar, J., R. Geethu, Cheranellore, S.K., Vijayakumar, K.P., & Louis, G. (2018). Photoluminescence analysis of surface modified ZnO thin films for photovoltaic applications. National Conference on Luminescence and its Applications (NCLA), National Institute for Interdisciplinary Science and Technology (NIIST), Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India.