Shalini Srinivasan teaches at the school of Liberal Studies, APU. Her research focusses on comics. She also writes fiction, mostly for children.
- PhD, Department of English, University of Hyderabad
- MPhil, English, EFL University
- MA English, EFLU
- BA, Bangalore University
Areas of Interest
Comics, children’s fiction, speculative fiction.
Comics, nonsense verse, popular culture
Publications and Writings
- Academic: “Things and Trauma in Joe Sacco’s Safe Area Goražde.” Rupkatha Journal on
Interdisciplinary Studies in Humanities 9 (4), December 2017.
Shalini Srinivasan has published several comics with Amar Chitra Katha. She also writes fiction for children and adults. Some of these are –
- ‘Road: A Fairy Tale’. Strange Horizons. May 2019.
- ‘The Monster at the End of Physics.’ In Strange Worlds! Strange Times! Amazing Sci-Fi
Stories. Ed. Vinayak Varma. Speaking Tiger/Talking Cub, 2018.
- Shoecat Thoocat. Pratham, 2018.
- The Case of the Missing Water. Pratham, 2018.
- Kaakasaurus. Pratham, 2017.
- Gangamma’s Gharial. Puffin, 2016.
- Vanamala and the Cephalopod. Duckbill, 2014.
- Shalini Srinivasan is working on a couple of picture books with Pratham at the moment, and a very slow novel.