Social Enterprise 'Idea' Challenge
The Social Enterprise Cell of Azim Premji University invites ideas from students of Colleges, Universities and Research institutions for the 2nd National Social Enterprise 'Idea' Challenge to be held on Saturday, October 21st 2017.
The endeavour is to provide a platform for ideas strongly driven by a social cause and identify individuals who are committed towards social change. The event presents an opportunity to shape your entrepreneurial aspirations through mentorship support and network with other entrepreneurs, besides winning cash prizes worth Rs. 50,000.
Please fill the details below to Register for the event. Kindly read the guidelines of the event. Post registration, you shall receive a confirmation e-mail, with a form that needs to be duly filled and submitted by the participating team.
Deadline for registration/submission of forms: 25th September, 2017
For further queries, contact us at:
Ram : 95389 16587
Sanjeet : 98458 73613
Who can participate?
The competition is open to students of recognized Colleges / Universities and Research bodies in India. A Team can be represented individually and can have maximum 3 members. Participants from different educational institutions can join to form one team. Participants cannot join multiple teams.
Post registration a team can change upto 2 participants out of 3 (atleast one participant must be part of the team) until the deadline for the submission of the idea.
We are inviting entries with doable social impact ideas. The goal is to find promising innovative solutions in the domains of Education, Health, Livelihood, Sustainability, Policy and Governance.
- Every team has to Register online and submit the participant details. We will send you an email confirmation and a submission form within 24 hours.
- Fill out and submit the preliminary entry form with the required details.
- Entries are reviewed by a judging panel.
- Entries will be evaluated based on their social impact, entrepreneurial vision, feasibility, innovation and sustainability, among other factors. Every team must do necessary background research on their ideas.
- Only those entries that meet the above standards and clear the preliminary screening will be invited to Azim Premji University Campus, Bangalore on the 21st October 2017 to present more details about their idea/project.
- Entries (ideas and projects) will be posted online on the University webpage. The organizers may provide mentorship to the selected entries for the final presentation.
Final presentation and Prize
The selected teams have to present their ideas on 21st October 2017 at the Azim Premji University campus Bangalore to a panel of jury consisting of Impact Investors, Social Entrepreneurs, Academicians and practitioners.
The best ideas will receive the following prizes.
First - INR 25,000, Second- INR 15,000 & 3 consolation prizes of INR 3000.
Social Enterprise Cell
Contact: email@example.com / 95389 16587, 98458 73613
About Social Enterprise cell
Azim Premji University was established under the Azim Premji University Act 2010 of the Government of Karnataka. Azim Premji Foundation, the sponsoring body set up the University as a fully philanthropic and not-for-profit entity, with a clear social purpose. The University’s key mission is to prepare graduates with great competence, integrity and social commitment who can contribute to the Education and Development sectors in India.
The Social Enterprise cell of the University reflects that vision as many students are trying to come up with innovative solutions to some of the most complex social problems. This will be a platform to share, debate and discuss those ideas and connect with individuals and like-minded groups.
> View Next: