Areas of Interest & Expertise
- Social Science pedagogy and assessments
- Textbook writing
- Examination Reforms
- Development of Teaching-learning material
- Teacher Professional Development
Ronita is a part of the Institute of Assessment and Accreditation (IAA) team associated with the School of Continuing Education and University Resource Center (SCE-URC). The fields of assessment and social science pedagogy have been a major focus of her work for more than two decades. Among her responsibilities is the development and facilitation of courses in assessment and social science education for teachers and teacher educators. As part of her work with government institutions (SCERT), she develops textbooks and teaching-learning materials. Furthermore, she works with various state governments and examination boards in implementing assessment reforms
Prior to joining the university, Ronita worked as a social science teacher. She has a Master’s and M.Phil. Degree in history from the University of Delhi.
Student assessment is a critical aspect of the teaching and learning process that helps to systematically improve the quality of students’ learning through improved programs, curricula and teaching.
- Kumar, M., & Sharma, R. (2021). Legislating Right, Contemplating Duty: Parliamentary Debate on RTE Second Amendment Bill. Journal of Human Values, 27(3), 204 – 224. https://doi.org/10.1177/09716858211025329
- Sharma, Ronita, and Shilpi Handa. (2021) “Be the change a learning expedition.” Learning Curve (9): 92 – 97.
- Sharma, R, (2019). History in the Playground, Teaching History of Everyday Life to Ninth Graders, Voices of Teachers and Teacher Educators, Volume VII Issue II, National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT), New Delhi. (22−29)
- Muralidhar, C., & Sharma, R. (2019). An EVS textbook – cover to cover. Learning Curve, (3), 12 – 15.
- Muralidhar, C., & Sharma, R. (2018). TLM – the what, the why, and the how! Learning Curve, (31).