Areas of Interest & Expertise
- Mathematics Pedagogy
- Integral Education
- General Pedagogy (Learning and Teaching)
- Project based and Inquiry based Learning
- Teacher Professional Development
- Cognitive Coaching for Teacher Practitioners
- Curriculum, Assessment and Pedagogy
Narayana Meher is a part of the teacher education programme at the University. He spent 20 years in education before joining the University in 2022.
He has a Postgraduate Diploma in International Business Operations (PGDIBO) and a Master’s degree in Commerce (MCom) from Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), an MA in Elementary Education from TISS, Mumbai, and a BEd from Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra. In addition, he holds a Maker Educator certificate from Consilience, a non-profit global innovation company located in Mumbai.
After graduation, being influenced by Sri Aurobindo’s philosophy of life and education, he plunged into education and taught for four years in his hometown. After that, he joined Mirambika Free Progress School, Sri Aurobindo Ashram Delhi Branch, New Delhi as a teacher trainee and spent four years as an inmate of the ashram. His training includes five aspects of integral education: Physical, Vital, Mental, Psychic, and Spiritual.
He has spent nine years at Heritage Xperiential Learning School (HXLS), Gurugram. His experiences helped him understand and respect the diversity inside the classroom and build up more curiosity about how children learn. He was actively involved in teaching mathematics and expeditions, stage designing, props making, mentoring teachers, analysing assessment data, and organising several school events in middle schools. In addition, he led Anveshna, the Science Club of HXLS, for two years.
His long teaching experience inspired him to contribute to teacher education. He joined IAAT (I AM A TEACHER), a non-profit, practice-based model for teacher education at Gurugram. He was deeply involved in coordinating the programme, teaching the course ‘Learning and Teaching’ (General Pedagogy), and mentoring resident teachers.
His other areas of interest are sports, swimming, model making, and playing percussion instruments. He draws much inspiration from the works of The Mother and Sri Aurobindo.
- Meher, N. (2023, January 1). Workshop on Fraction and Decimal, Sri Aurobindo Ashram, New Delhi.
- Meher, N. (2022, 19 – 22 December). Residential workshop on Number Sense, Bargarh, Odisha.
- Meher, N., & Moharana, S. (2022, 7 – 13 February). Online workshop on Integral Education and Experiential Mathematics Education for Primary School Teachers.
- Meher, N., & Maharana, S. (2021, 25 – 30 November). Online workshop on Integral Education and Experiential Mathematics Education for Primary School Teachers.
- Meher, N., & Maharana, S. (2019, 21 – 26 December). Residential workshop on Integral Education and Experiential Mathematics Education for Primary School Teachers, Sri Aurobindo Ashram Delhi Branch, New Delhi.
- Meher, N. (2018, 25 March). Workshop on System Thinking, Sri Aurobindo Ashram Delhi Branch, New Delhi.
- Meher, N. (2016, 13 – 15 May). Mathematics workshop on Number Sense, Four Operations, Fractions, and Word Problems, Matrubhaban, Cuttack, Odisha.
- Meher, N. (2015, 18 – 23 May). Mathematics workshop on Number Sense, Four Operations, Fractions, and Word Problems, Matrubhaban, Cuttack, Odisha.
- Meher, N. (2011, 29 – 30 December). Workshop on Fractions, Odisha.
- Meher, N. (2008, 5 – 7 June). Residential workshop on Integral Education for Teachers, Odisha.
- Meher, N. (2008, 13 – 23 May). Workshop on Integral Education, Science, and Project way method of learning, Matrubhaban, Cuttack, Odisha.
- Meher, N. (2022, April 18). My journey and reflection on the state of pre-service teacher education programs in India. I am a teacher. https://iamateacherblog.wordpress.com/2022/04/18/my-journey-and-reflection-on-the-state-of-pre-service-teacher-education-programs-in-india/