Areas of Interest & Expertise
- Curriculum Development in Early Years
- Formative Research
- Media and Learning
- Play and Learning
In her previous work with Sesame Workshop India, she was involved in developing curriculum content and learning resources for Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE) centres. She has conducted many formative research studies to get children’s and teachers’ feedback on the teaching learning materials.
Ira has worked with a diverse team of writers and directors to develop educational television and radio episodes to promote young children’s learning through mass-media.
Recently, she worked on a project to support parents with activities to encourage children’s learning at home.
Ira has a MSc in Child Development from Lady Irwin College, Delhi.
- Joshi, I. (2018). Play, Connect and Learn. Using Mobile Phones to Improve Early Grade Reading Skills at Home. Journal of Systematics, Cybernetics and Informatics, 16 (2), 13 – 16. http://www.iiisci.org/journal/sci/FullText.asp?var=&id=EB156JM18
- Banerjee, S., Chakravarty, S., Joshi, I., & Pillai, S. (2017). Can digital technologies play a role in improving children’s learning outcomes in India? Journal of Development Policy and Practice, 3 (1), 55 – 86. https://doi.org/10.1177/2455133317736234
- Sri Raman, V., Nagar, A. & Joshi, I. (2011). Building Communities for Change: An Experience in Mumbai. International Journal of Child Care and Education Policy, 5, 57 – 65. https://doi.org/10.1007/2288 – 6729‑5 – 2‑57
- Batada, A. & Joshi, I. (2011). Learning through stories and songs: Galli Galli Sim Sim’s ICT approach. Navtika- Journal of Early Childhood Care and Education, 2 (2).
- Batada, A., Joshi, I., Sharma, G., & Mehta, S. (2010). Inspiring Children as Storytellers in India. Young Children, 65 (6), 62 – 63.
- Taneja, A. & Joshi, I. (2005). A People’s Preschool. Seminar, 546. https://www.india-seminar.com/2005/546/546%20aniela%20taneia,%20i.%20joshi.htm
- Joshi, I., Using Mobile Phones to Improve Early Grade Reading Skills at Home. March 13th-16th, 2018. Paper Presentation at the 9th International Conference on Education, Training and Informatics (ICETI), Orlando, U.S.
- Joshi, I., Innovations in Reaching Vulnerable Populations. February 19th-20th, 2018. Presentation at the Policy Panel organised by the World Bank Impact Evaluation Workshop of Mass Media Entertainment to Improve Development outcomes. New Delhi, India
- Joshi, I., & Shukla, R., Building Blocks for a Kinder World, Nov 21 – 22, 2017. Paper presentation at the National Consultation Meet on Sustainability in context of Early Childhood Education, organised by NCERT, Delhi, India.
- Joshi, I., Meeting Childhood Development Needs in the Digital Environment, November 1st, 2017. Panel Speaker at EdtechX Asia, Singapore.
- Joshi, I., Education Technology Challenges and Opportunities in India. 31st October, 2017. Panel Discussion at EdtechX Asia, Singapore.