Planetary phenomena, climate change, biodiversity, urban ecology, and much more
Who can apply?
Open to undergraduate and postgraduate students from all colleges and universities from any discipline. Registration and participation is free — there is no charge.
We welcome spot registrations on 22 October 2023 between 8 – 9 AM at the venue. Only 3‑member teams representing the same college/university are eligible to register. Priority will be accorded on a first-come, first-served basis through pre-registration.
In the event of full slots, participants are welcome to engage in our audience quizzes.
- Special round on nature in Bengaluru
- Audio-visual, buzzer and rapid fire rounds.
- Audience questions (and audience prizes) too!
- Certificates of Participation for all participants
- Medals, Book Sets, Certificates and Cash Prizes for the top 2 teams
- ₹10,000 per student for the winning team
- ₹7,500 per student for the second place team
- ecoXplorers 2023 is a Team event
- Each team must comprise of 3 students from the same college/university; deviation from this count will result in disqualification.
- Each college/university can only send a maximum of three teams to the event — if there are more teams from a single institution, we will accept them on a first come-first served basis
- Please bring your student IDs for verification
- Please make individual registration for each team
|8:15 am to 9:00 am||Registrations (free entry: no registration fee)||Please bring your college/university student IDs along with a Government-approved ID|
|9:00 am to 9:45 am||Elimination Round||Written objective test (25 questions). All participants will be given pencils and erasers along with the worksheets|
|9:45 am to 10:30 am||Break||Tea and snacks will be provided for all participants|
|10:30 am to 12:00 pm||Finals||6 teams that top the elimination round will be selected. 7 to 8 rounds across a wide range of nature linked themes (these include buzzer, audio-visual and buzzer rounds)|
|12:00 pm to 12:30 pm||Award Ceremony and Closing Session||Medals, Book sets, Certificates and Cash Prizes for top 2 teams|
If you have any questions or need further information, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Forests of Life
In 2022, Azim Premji University launched its first climate festival—Rivers of Life, depicting the splendour of rivers across the country through photographs, workshops, interactive talks and films. The festival was well received, and attended by over 10,000 school and college students and visitors from the public.
This year, the University is organising its second festival—Forests of Life in our Bengaluru campus between 02 – 14 Nov 2023. This is a celebration of forests, bringing together a range of photo exhibits from forests across the country, taken by young interns, along with art installations, music from the forests, movies, immersive installations, artifacts, interactive workshops, and more! Further details about the festival will be shared with all visitors.
Forests of Life is free and open to the public — schools, colleges and members of the public need to pre-register in advance here:
Strengthening India's response to the climate crisis