ಕನ್ನಡ ಹಬ್ಬಕ್ಕೆ ಹೃತ್ಪೂರ್ವಕ ಸ್ವಾಗತ
We heartily welcome you to the celebration of Kannada Habba.
ಬನ್ನಿ, ಕನ್ನಡ ಹಬ್ಬವನ್ನು ಆಚರಿಸೋಣ
Come, let’s celebrate Kannada Habba together.
Kannada Habba is celebrated at Azim Premji University every year on the occasion of Karnataka Rajyotsava, also known as Karnataka Formation Day (commemorated on 1 November).
We aim to promote our native arts and cultural forms such as literature, language, folklore, traditions, food, places, and much more.
As part of the celebration, there will be a tribal dance of the Soliga tribe of Karnataka. Gorukana dance form will be presented.
We invite all dance enthusiasts to sign up and participate in the event.
Sign up before 7 PM, 21 Oct 2022.
- Kindly watch the video to know more about the dance form, before enrolling yourself.
- Those who enroll must dedicate at least 2 hours each day, for a week to practice the dance, as the dance form requires some amount of rehearsal before the performance.
- Intake: 20 participants on a first-come, first-served basis
The Soliga artists will be on campus a week before the celebration, and they will also teach the dance form to the enthusiasts.
List of Events
|1||Azim Premji school children and teachers’ performance (Dance and Skit)||SH‑2||2 PM – 2:45PM|
|2||University members and students’ performance (Singing)||SH‑2||2:50 PM – 4 PM|
|3||Soliga Tribal Dance||Central Plaza||4:30 PM – 5:30 PM|
|4||Beru Bevaru Chintamani Troupe (Local Folklore Troupe)||Central Plaza||5:30 PM – 6:30 PM|
|5||Food Stall (Karnataka food by SHG group, by nearby community)||Hinge Area||12:30 PM – 3 PM|
|6||Literature, Art Forms ( Exhibition)||Hinge Area||11 AM – 6 PM|
Two events on 27 October 2022 to kickstart Kannada Habba:
- Nadaswara: The local community musicians will perform Nadaswara from 1 PM–2 PM at Hinge Area.
- Documentary screening: Wild Karnataka, narrated in English, will be screened in SH‑1 from 5:45 PM–7 PM. The documentary sheds light on Karnataka’s rich biodiversity and covers the natural history of the state’s forests.