Areas of Interest & Expertise
- Inclusive Education
- Secondary Education
- Teacher Education
- Education for Sustainable Development
- Science Education
- Pedagogy of Physics
- STEAM Education
Tamralipta received her Master’s degrees in Education and Physics from the Regional Institute of Education, NCERT, Mysuru, Karnataka. The focus of her MEd dissertation was to ascertain the level of sustainability consciousness among secondary teachers in Mysuru city who attended CBSE schools.
She has previously spent three and a half years teaching secondary and higher secondary physics at Locus Institute for Math and Science Education, Puducherry as a Physics lecturer. Along with that, she freelanced as a content developer in Physics at various organisations.
She has also been a member of the editorial board of PoliTeknik International, since 2017. PoliTeknik is a newspaper, gratis and ad-free, spanning 5 languages and 15 countries, which publishes thoughts and recommendations on issues such as Right to Education, Migration, Child Rights, etc.
Her research interests include education for sustainable development, inclusive education, misconceptions in physics, design thinking, and STEAM education.
She has a strong passion for the visual arts, music, dancing, and exploring new places. Her recent efforts are on bringing the arts into the classroom and incorporating them into Physics instruction.
- Patra, T., & Hachinalkar, S. (Forthcoming). Scientific argumentation – a theoretical framework. School Science.
- Patra, T., & Yadav, A. (2021, March). An interview of students on the impact of COVID in their Education. Tebeşir (Turkish Education Union), 12 – 14.
- Patra, T. (2018). Extension of human rights to education – A challenge. PoliTeknik International. http://politeknik.de/p9560/
- Patra T. (2018). Summer at Baghar – What are the students’ ideas about pollution? Bagheera Project. http://bagheeraproject.strikingly.com/blog/summer-at-baghar
- Patra, T., & Hachinalkar, S. (2018). A study of alternative conceptions in Physics in secondary school students and to overcome through conceptual change model. Proceedings of the National Science Day Celebration, Mysore, RIE, 48 – 51.
- Patra, T., & Hachinalkar, S. (2021, December). Impact of art in the STEAM model in school education – A review. [Paper presentation]. National Conference on Indian Languages, Arts and Cultures, RIE, NCERT, Ajmer, India.
- Patra, T., Srivastav, S., Balasubramanian, R., & Balasubramanian, A. (2021, November). Impact of design thinking and STEAM in understanding sustainable development – A review. [Paper presentation]. 6th Sino- Finnish Joint Learning Innovation Institute (JoLii) Conference, Tampere University, Finland (Online Presentation).
- Patra, T., & Hachinalkar, S. (2021, February). A theoretical approach to understand the meaning of STEM, STEAM and its impact on learners in building Quality Education for Sustainable Development and Inclusion (QESDI): A multi-disciplinary approach towards sustainable development and inclusion. [Paper presentation]. National Conference on Integration of STEAM in School Education, RIE, NCERT, Bhopal, India.
- Patra, T., & Hachinalkar, S. (2020, January). Scientific argumentation – A theoretical framework. [Paper presentation]. National Seminar on Science and Mathematics Education, RIE, Mysore, India.
- Patra, T. (2018, October). Extension of human rights on education – A challenge. [Symposium]. University of Koblenz, Germany (Online Presentation).
- Patra, T., & Hachinalkar, S. (2018, February). A study of alternative conceptions in Physics in secondary school students and to overcome through conceptual change model. [Paper presentation]. Regional Institute of Education (RIE), Mysore, India.
- Patra, T., & Hachinalkar, S. (2018, January). A role of the study of language in education and inclusive classroom. [Paper presentation]. National Conference on Multi-Linguistic Context: Scope and challenges, RIE, Mysore, India.
- Patra, T., & Hachinalkar, S. (2017, December). A critical analysis of policies and provisions for inclusive growth in India. [Paper presentation]. National Conference on language education in the age of globalisation, RIE Ajmer.