Areas of Interest & Expertise
Quality standards for Assessment, Item Analysis, Assessment Reforms and Policies, Teacher Evaluation, Education Technology , Formative Assessment
Shilpi is working in the University since 2017. She has a PhD in Educational Assessment from International Institute of Information Technology, Bangalore. Prior to that, she attended Nagpur University for a Bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering and Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal for MTech in Digital Communication.
Shilpi brings in an experience of teaching in various engineering colleges across the country and applied research experience in the area of educational assessment. During her PhD, she worked on Online Assessment and Evaluation System (OAES) project for National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT).
Her current research interests include development of feasible quality assessment prototypes for formative purposes, assessment design and statistical evaluation of large-scale assessment data. She is also involved in designing and offering courses in various aspects of assessment to teacher educators, education functionaries, practitioners, and MA Education students. She is part of various technical committees set up by state and national boards to strengthen the design of board examination and classroom assessments.
Student assessment is a critical aspect of the teaching and learning process that helps to systematically improve the quality of students’ learning through improved programs, curricula and teaching.
This 5 day course develops a deeper understanding of what the outcomes of education, across stages and subjects, ought to be.
- Banerjee, A. & Chomal, A. (2021). Towards actionable learning outcomes. http://publications.azimpremjifoundation.org/2650/1/APU_210769_Working_Paper_Series_21_29-03 – 2021.pdf
- Banerjee, S., & Ramanathan, C. (2015). Automatic Generation of Valid and Equivalent Assessment Instruments. Emerging Issues in Smart Learning (pp. 97 – 104). Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg.
- Raj, A. & Banerjee, S. (2021, July 12). The exit entry exam dilemma. The Hindu. https://www.thehindu.com/education/why-the-lack-of-alignment-between-class-12-boards-and-various-entrance-exams-must-be-fixed/article35247754.ece
- Raj, A. & Banerjee, S. (2021, May 18). Revisiting exams post COVID. Deccan Herald. https://www.deccanherald.com/supplements/dh-education/revisiting-exams-post-covid-987143.html
- Raj, A. & Banerjee, S. (2019, November 28). Mistaken identity of assessment. Deccan Herald. https://www.deccanherald.com/supplements/dh-education/mistaken-identity-of-assessment-780318.html
- Chomal, A. & Banerjee, S. (2019, May 11). A chain of falling numbers. Deccan Herald. https://www.deccanherald.com/opinion/in-perspective/a‑chain-of-falling-numbers-733205.html
- Banerjee, S. (2019, March 14). Assessment needs care. Deccan Herald. https://www.deccanherald.com/assessment-needs-care-723014.html
- Banerjee, S. & Das, B. (2021). Banking on item banks. Teacher magazine. Australian Council for Education Research (ACER)
- Banerjee, S. (2021). Ensuring quality in classroom assessments. Teacher magazine. Australian Council for Education Research. (ACER) https://www.acer.org/files/Teacher_Edition_April_June_2021.pdf?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Teacher%20Edition%20April%20%20June%202021&utm_content=Teacher%20Edition%20April%20%20June%202021+Preview+CID_ee7537e77a3c761892d9a148897f80c6&utm_source=Email%20marketing%20software&utm_term=Click%20here%20to%20download
- Banerjee, S. (2021). Using assessment to inform classroom instructions. Teacher Plus. https://www.teacherplus.org/using-assessments-to-inform-classroom-instruction/
- Banerjee, S. (2020, September). A survey of quality indicators in elementary level school education, TEQIP-III Sponsored Online National Conference on Sustainable Development Goals, NIT Jaipur.
- Banerjee, S., Ramanathan, C., & Rao, N. J. (2015, October). An approach to automatic evaluation of higher cognitive levels assessment items. In 2015 IEEE 3rd International Conference on MOOCs, Innovation and Technology in Education (MITE) (pp. 342 – 347). IEEE.
- Banerjee, S., Rao, N. J., & Ramanathan, C. (2015, October). Rubrics for assessment item difficulty in engineering courses. In 2015 IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference (FIE) (pp. 1 – 8). IEEE.
- Banerjee, S., Rao, N. J., & Ramanathan, C. (2016, December). Designing item banks in alignment with course outcomes for engineering courses. In 2016 IEEE Eighth International Conference on Technology for Education (T4E) (pp. 152 – 155). IEEE.
- Ramanathan, C., Banerjee, S., & Rao, N. J. (2016, December). OAES: Scalable and secure architecture for online assessment and evaluation system. In 2016 IEEE 4th International Conference on MOOCs, Innovation and Technology in Education (MITE) (pp. 296 – 301). IEEE.
- Banerjee, S., Rao, N. J., Ramanathan, C., & Ramesh, V. (2014, December). Design of valid summative assessment instruments in formal higher education programs. In 2014 IEEE Sixth International Conference on Technology for Education (pp. 76 – 79). IEEE.
- Banerjee, S. & Patel, R. (2008, January). VHDL Implementation of High Performance, Self-timed, Floating Point FFT Processor. International Conference on Emerging Technologies and Applications in Engineering, Technology and Sciences, Saurashtra University.
- Khare, K. Khare, N & Banerjee, S. (2006, December). FPGA Based Low Power Algorithm for Synchronizer in OFDM Receivers, International Conference on Recent Trends in Nanoscience and Technology, Jadavpur University,
- Khare, K. Khare, N & Banerjee, S. (2006, December). VHDL Implementation of Low Power DSP Algorithm and its Comparison with Conventional CORDIC Algorithm. International Conference on Microwaves, Antennas, Propagation and Remote Sensing, Jodhpur.