Areas of Interest & Expertise
Validity and Reliability of Classroom based Assessment, Designing and using Large Scale Assessment in Education, Classical Test Theory and Item Response Theory for Large Scale Assessment, Assessment based Reforms and Policies, Automatic Evaluation Tools,
Shilpi Banerjee is a part of the Institute of Assessment and Accreditation(IAA) team associated with the School of Continuing Education and University Resource centre(SCE-URC).
She is involved in the design and review of large scale tests used for assessing elementary grades students learning outcomes and in analysing students’ test results to understand how well they have attained these outcomes. She has conducted several training workshops for engineering college faculties and school teachers on learning outcomes, assessment, course design, item bank creation and tutoring.
She has a Bachelor’s degree from Nagpur University, MTech from National Institute of Technology, Bhopal and PhD in Educational Assessment from International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Bangalore.
Student assessment is a critical aspect of the teaching and learning process that helps to systematically improve the quality of students’ learning through improved programs, curricula and teaching.
This 5 day course develops a deeper understanding of what the outcomes of education, across stages and subjects, ought to be.
Publications and Writings:
- Towards actionable learning outcomes, Shilpi Banerjee, Aanchal Chomal, Journal of Indian Education, NCERT, February 2020
- A survey of quality indicators in elementary level school education, Shilpi Banerjee, TEQIP-III Sponsored Online National Conference on Sustainable Development Goals, NIT Jaipur, September 2020
- Analysis of Learner Independent Variables for Estimating Difficulty Level of Assessment Items in Engineering Courses, Shilpi Banerjee, N.J.Rao, Chandrashekar Ramanathan. Journal of Assessment and Evaluation in Higher Education, October 2016
- Designing Item Banks in Alignment with Course Outcomes for Engineering Courses, Shilpi Banerjee, N.J.Rao, Chandrashekar Ramanathan, IEEE Technology for Education Conference[T4E], December 2016.
- OAES: Scalable and Secure Architecture Online Assessment and Evaluation System, Chandrashekar Ramanathan, Shilpi Banerjee, N.J.Rao. IEEE MOOC’s, Innovation and Technology In Education[MITE] Conference, October 2016.
- Rubrics for Assessment Item Difficulty in Engineering Courses, Shilpi Banerjee, N.J.Rao, Chandrashekar Ramanathan. IEEE Frontiers In Education[FIE] Conference, October 2015
- An Approach to Automatic Evaluation of Higher Cognitive Levels Assessment Items, Shilpi Banerjee, Chandrashekar Ramanathan, N.J.Rao. IEEE MOOC’s, Innovation and Technology In Education[MITE] Conference, October 2015
- Design of Valid Summative Assessment Instruments in Formal Higher Education Programs, Shilpi Banerjee, N.J.Rao, Chandrashekar Ramanathan, Vyshnavi Ramesh. IEEE Technology for Education Conference[T4E], December 2014
- Automatic Generation of Valid and Equivalent Assessment Instruments, Shilpi Banerjee, and R. Chandrashekar. Springer Lecture notes on Education Technology, September 2014
- VHDL Implementation of High Performance, Self-timed, Floating Point FFT Processor, Shilpi Banerjee and Rajendra Patel, International Conference on Emerging Technologies and Applications in Engineering ‚Technology and Sciences, Saurashtra University, January 2008
- FPGA Based Low Power Algorithm for Synchronizer in OFDM Receivers, Kavita Khare, Nilay Khare and Shilpi Banerjee, International Conference on Recent Trends in Nanoscience and Technology, Jadavpur University, December 2006
- VHDL Implementation of Low Power DSP Algorithm and its Comparison with Conventional CORDIC Algorithm Kavita Khare, Nilay Khare and Shilpi Banerjee. International Conference on Microwaves, Antennas, Propagation and Remote Sensing, Jodhpur December 2006
- Assessment needs care, Deccan Herald, March 2019
- A chain of falling numbers, Deccan Herald, May 2019
- Mistaken identity of assessment, Deccan Herald, November 2019