Areas of Interest & Expertise
- Socio-Emotional Learning in Children
- Early Childhood Care and Education
- Culture, Cognition and Learning
Pranalee is a part of the Institute of Assessment and Accreditation(IAA) team associated with the School of Continuing Education and University Resource centre(SCE-URC).
Pranalee has a PhD in Human Development and Childhood Studies from the University of Delhi, Delhi. Prior to joining us, she was working on her PhD thesis titled ‘Growing Up in Vaishnavite Satras Of Majuli, Assam’ that studies the construction of childhood in exclusive religion led environment. She has been working on projects in assessing socio-emotional skills of children and early childhood education.
Student assessment in practice
Student assessment is a critical aspect of the teaching and learning process that helps to systematically improve the quality of students’ learning through improved programs, curricula and teaching.
Publications and Writings:
- Sharma, P (2019). Seeing disability as Diversity. Learning Curve, (5),57 – 59.
Bangalore: Azim Premji University.
- Sharma, P (2019). Children’s Engagement with Images: The Effectiveness of Images to Predict Societal Dynamics. International Journal of Scientific Research in
Multidisciplinary Studies , 5(6), 48 – 52.
- Sharma, P.(2016). Changing Notions of “Ideal” Monkhood: A Case Study from a
Satra of Majuli. Space and Culture, India, 4(2), 29 – 38.
- Sharma, P. (2015), “Women and Religion: Life of Women in Vaishnavite Satras of
Assam”. In Daisy J. Dominic (Ed.), ‘Women in the 21 st century: working towards
empowerment’ (pp. 320 – 323). Goa: Broadway Publishing House.