Areas of Interest & Expertise
- Language Pedagogy
- Theatre in Education
- Curriculum Studies and Teacher Education
- Teaching and Learning Material Development
- Children’s Literature
- Children’s Library
- Urban Sustainability
- Biodiversity and Conservation
Pooja has been working extensively in the field of language education. She has developed English curricula for schools in Bangalore, Karnataka. She has worked with a team of 300+ primary school teachers to lead and implement the step-by-step processes involved in the English language pedagogy and planning. Across Delhi and Bangalore, she has worked closely to formulate and design Individualised Education Plans (IEP) to support the students with special needs and managed the implementation of IEP in an inclusive classroom. She holds a master’s degree and MPhil in Linguistics from Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. Ms Arya completed her bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education from the University of Delhi. Before joining Azim Premji University, Pooja has been granted Fulbright Language Teaching Assistantship at Brown University, United States. At Brown, she facilitated the language learning programs in close association with university faculty, students, and communities. Pooja represented India as a cultural ambassador in the United States as part of her Fulbright Fellowship.
Student assessment is a critical aspect of the teaching and learning process that helps to systematically improve the quality of students’ learning through improved programs, curricula and teaching.
- Presented paper on “Open-Mindedness in Language Teaching: A Moral Virtue” at 12th International Research Conference for Interdisciplinary Studies (RAIS) conference on Social Sciences and Humanities held at Princeton University, NJ, USA, April 3 – 4, 2019.
- Presented paper on “Integrating Theatre in Second Language Acquisition: A Pedagogical Overview” in the University Grants Commission (UGC) Sponsored International Seminar on Applied Linguistics held at Department of English, Acharya Nagarjuna University (ANU), Guntur, Andhra Pradesh (AP), India, Dec15-18, 2010.