Areas of Interest & Expertise
- Teacher Evaluations
- Student Socio-Emotional Learning
- Student Assessments
- Examination Reforms
- Teacher Professional development
Anupama has been working in the space of educational assessments since the year 2016. She has been part of designing and implementing large scale qualitative assessment study on understanding teacher practices in public school system in India. She has worked extensively with the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and the state of Sikkim on improving the quality of Teacher Eligibility Tests (TET) at both central and state level.
She has been part of conceptualizing and designing a national level study on student socio-emotional skills assessment. She has been consulting with the governments of Karnataka and Chhattisgarh on programmes focusing on integrated approach to student socio-emotional learning in public schools.
She has been working closely with the CBSE and the Tripura state board in strengthening the quality of grade X board examinations. She has empaneled the group set up by the University in supporting the design and implementation of the Census State Achievement Surveys (C‑SAS) conducted by the Karnataka state government.
She also designs and transacts courses and workshops for teachers and teacher educators in the areas of student socio-emotional learning, language assessments, large-scale assessments, teacher assessments etc.
Prior to joining the University, Anupama has worked with the Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai as a Research Assistant. She has a Master’s in Development studies from TISS and a Bachelor’s in Economics from Fergusson College Pune.
Student assessment is a critical aspect of the teaching and learning process that helps to systematically improve the quality of students’ learning through improved programs, curricula and teaching.
Publications and Writings
- Raj, A., & Banerjee, S. (2021, July 10). The exit-entry exams dilemma. The Hindu. https://www.thehindu.com/education/why-the-lack-of-alignment-between-class-12-boards-and-various-entrance-exams-must-be-fixed/article35247754.ece
- Raj, A., & Banerjee, S. (2021, May 18). Revisiting exams post Covid. Deccan Herald. https://www.deccanherald.com/supplements/dh-education/revisiting-exams-post-covid-987143.html
- Raj, A., & Banerjee, S. (2019, November 28). Mistaken Identity of Assessment. Deccan Herald. https://www.deccanherald.com/supplements/dh-education/mistaken-identity-of-assessment-780318.html