Areas of Interest & Expertise
- Sustainable Environmental Management
- Sustainable Livelihoods
- Waste Management
- Social Security
- Public Policy and Governance
- Gender and Nutrition
Anjor believes that we live happy, free and fulfilling lives when we ourselves, and everyone else, is also happy, free, equal and respectful of themselves and everyone else. And this is what he tries to create through his work in the field of development and sustainability. He works at the crossroads of research and action for sustainable development – focusing on policies that impact the most vulnerable including social protection policies and environmental management (particularly waste management). Some of research output is available.
Publications and Writings
- India Human Development Report 2011.
- Opening the Beer Gates: How Liberalisation Caused Growth in India’s Beer Market(with Dr. Bart Minten, AnneleenVandeplas and Abhimanyu Arora).
- India State Hunger Index: Comparisons of Hunger Across States(with Anil Deolalikar and Purnima Menon) (2009).
- “Is the MGNREGA Eco-Friendly — An Environmental Assessment of the MGNREGA”, Chapter in Book titled “State of India’s Environment 2018” (edited by Sunita Narain).
- “Jharkhand Economic Survey: 2015 – 16” (2016).
- “Social Pensions: The Real Aadhar for the Niradhar”, Chapter in Book Titled “Road to Rights: Women, Social Security and Protection in India” (2016), Edited by PritiDarooka.
- “All is Well that Ends in a Well — A socio-economic assessment of irrigation wells constructed under NREGA in Jharkhand” (2015).
- “7.5 Crore Green Jobs: Assessing the Greenness of MGNREGA work”(with Amod Shah and Sunil Gupta).
- “Well worth the effort: An assessment of the wells constructed under the NREGA in Jharkhand”(with Sunil Gupta and Pankaj Yadav).
- “Does greater autonomy among women provide the key to better child nutrition?” (with WijiArulampalam and Nisha Srivastava).
- “Messing Around with Waste”.
- “The story of waste and its reclaimers: Organising waste collectors for better lives and livelihoods” (with Poornima Chikarmane) .
- “The Challenge of Persisting Undernutrition” (with Nisha Srivastava)
- “Biological, Programmatic and Sociopolitical Dimensions of Child Undernutrition in Three States inIndia”, (with Purnima Menon and Katharina Raabe),
- “Causes and consequences of the recent food price inflation and the role of social protection in mitigating the impact — A literature review”(with Akhter Ahmed and Abusaleh Shariff)
- “Water and Poverty in China’s Yellow River Basin”(with Dr. Akhter Ahmed, Jinxia Wang and Wahid Quabili)
- “Images of a Yatra”
- TISS: Leading the Way Towards Inclusion and Sustainability
- TISS Mumbai: Only Educational Campus which has travelled to becoming a sustainable, inclusive space
- “Zero Waste Electoral Ward Initiative at Katraj Gaon, Pune”
- “Whose Fuel Price is it Anyways”
- “A Brief Economic, Environmental and Legal Analysis of Technology Options for Sustainably Processing Multi-Layered Plastic Waste” with Harshad Barde and Dharmesh Shah.
- “Making Space for Waste” along with Poornima Chikarmane.
- “Occupational Health and Safety of Door-to-Door Waste collectors in Pune” with Poornima Chikarmane.
- “Occupational Health and Safety of Compost Plant Workers” along with Poornima Chikarmane.
- “Analysis of E‑Waste in Pune and Pimpri-Chinchwad and the Role of the Various Stakeholders”
- “What does nature do to you”
- “Rebuilding After Crises and Emergencies: A Literature Review” (with Noora-Lisa Aberman and Akhter U. Ahmed)
- “Socio-Economic Assessment of Assets Constructed under NREGA in Orissa and Madhya Pradesh”
- “Holy Cow”
- “Voices in Anguish in Rural India”
- “Food for Work Programme in Palamau district of Jharkhand”
- Aadhaar in MGNREGA: How Aadhaar impacts the delivery of welfare through a case of Jharkhand
- “Are Households Wiling to Adopt and Pay for Recycling their Own Waste: A study of Patna City”