Who is the course for?
Leading for Outcomes is 5 day virtual course for people in managerial & leadership roles in NGOs and CSRs arms of organizations that work in the space of education and development.
What will you learn?
Through this course you will be able to:
- Understand what Leadership means in a the context of an NGO.
- Learn how to lead teams through a style that encourages collaboration and participation.
- Apply some key skills & techniques to improve the performance of your teams.
- This virtual program will use interactive presentations, discussions, Q & A sessions and frameworks.
- Multiple pre-reads will be used to stimulate discussions and introduce new perspectives.
- There will be quizzes after each module and response analysis will be used to delve deeper into concepts.
Structure of the Course
|Day||Topic||Key Ideas that will be covered|
|1||Elements of Leadership||Management vs Leadership, Vision, Goal, Strategy|
|2||Understanding Self||Leadership Modes, Goals & Norms|
|3||Decision Making||Process of Decision Making, Bias & Prejudices, Decision Making in teams, Diverge – Converge Model|
|4||Working in Teams||Developing High Performance Teams, Communication Styles, Delegation & Empowerment, Potential vs Performance|
|5||Building Capability||Learning Agility, Taking Feedback, Capability Utilization, Learning New Behaviors|
Praveen Kumar is a part of the Professional Development Programme associated with the School of Continuing Education and University Resource centre(SCE-URC). Praveen has 10 years of experience as a Corporate Training Executive. Prior to joining us, he was a Training Consultant with The Northern Trust Bank, Bangalore for 2 years. Before that he worked with…