Who is the course for?
Leading for Outcomes is a 4 day course for people in managerial and leadership roles in NGOs and CSR arms of organizations that work in the space of education and development.
What will you learn?
Through this course you will be able to:
- Understand what Leadership means in a the context of an NGO.
- Learn how to lead teams through a style that encourages collaboration and participation.
- Apply some key skills & techniques to improve the performance of your teams.
- This face to face program will use interactive presentations, discussions, activities, games, Q&A sessions and frameworks.
- Multiple pre-reads will be used to stimulate discussions and introduce new perspectives.
- There will be quizzes after each module and response analysis will be used to delve deeper into concepts.
Structure of the Course
|Day||Topic||Key Ideas that will be covered|
|1||Elements of Leadership||Management vs Leadership, Vision, Aligning People, Goal & Strategy, Modes of Leadership, Goals & Norms|
|2||Decision Making & Creating Outcomes||Process of Decision Making, Decision Making in Teams, Bias & Prejudice, Planning for Outcomes, Accountability|
|3||Working with Teams||Developing High Performance Teams, Communication Styles, Delegation vs. Empowerment, Potential vs. Performance, Leveraging Diversity|
|4||Managing Stakeholders||Defining Stakeholders, Understanding Needs, Managing Conflicts, Influencing|
Praveen Kumar is a part of the Professional Development Programme associated with the School of Continuing Education and University Resource centre(SCE-URC). Praveen has 10 years of experience as a Corporate Training Executive. Prior to joining us, he was a Training Consultant with The Northern Trust Bank, Bangalore for 2 years. Before that he worked with…