Email: [email protected]
Narayana teachesPolitical Philosophy and Indian Politics, Law and Governance and Governance Challenges in India.
- PhD (Development Studies), Institute of Development Studies, University of Sussex, United Kingdom.
- M.A. (Master of Arts), Mangalore University, India
- B.A. (Bachelor of Arts), Mangalore University, India
Areas of Interest
Governance, Politics, State, Technology
Publications and Writings
Articles, Journal Chapters, Conference Papers
- (2014) 'Bureaucracy in the era of E-Governance: Observations from Karnataka', paper presented at the International Conference on Technology, Accountability and Democracy in South Asia and Beyond organized by Stanford University and the University of Mumbai, Mumbai, India (along with Nafis Hasan).
- (2013) Governance Reforms and Welfare - A study of Karnataka Guarantee of Services to Citizens Act, paper presented at Second Azim Premji University International Conference on Law, Governance and Development: Right to Welfare, Work, Food and Education, Bangalore (along with Nafis Hasan).
- (2012), Lokpal Bill, 'Lessons from the Experience of Karnataka Lokayukta', Economic and Political Weekly, Vol. XLVII, No 1 (along with Sudhir Krishnaswamy and Vikas Kumar).
- Op-eds in Deccan Herald, Times of India, Caravan and in various Kannada publications.
- World Bank Land Governance Assessment Project in Karnataka, State Coordinator.
- An ethnographic study of the implementation of the Right to Guarantee of Service to Citizens Acts in India (Co-ordinator), Law, Governance and Development Initiative, Azim Premji University, Bangalore.
- A study of the functioning of the Lokayuktas (anti-corruption ombudsman) in India, Law,Governance and Development Initiative, Azim Premji University, Bangalore.