Email: [email protected]
Ankur worked in the Department of Psychology at Christ University from 2010 to 2013. Apart from teaching core courses in developmental psychology, she was actively involved in research and publication activities of the Department. During her term she guest edited the Social Science journal Artha and guided MPhil and doctoral students on topics ranging from disability to geriatrics. She coordinated training programmes for senior faculty of the University and served as the curriculum review coordinator for the Department. She was also actively involved in the student mentoring programme.Ankur has been a resource person for several workshops for teachers and students particularly on topics related to adolescence and creativity learning.
She taught at American University of Kuwait for a period of three years from 2007 to 2010 and in Lady Irwin College and Gargi College in University of Delhi for a period of five years during 1996 and 2000. Here she taught courses in Child Development and Education and was involved in research in the area of integrated education for children with learning difficulties. Ankur was a recipient of gold medal for first position in MSc and the Junior Research Fellowship awarded by the UGC.
At present, she contributes to a weekly column for The New Indian Express where she addresses students on areas related to life skills, school learning and adolescence
PhD Child Development, University of Delhi, 2002
MSc Child Development, Lady Irwin College, University of Delhi, 1993
BSc Home Science, Lady Irwin College, University of Delhi, 1991
Areas of Interest
Developing models for effective implementation of inclusive education programmes
Qualitative research methods
Publications and Writings
- Madan, A. (2013). Can Children in Indian Classrooms be 'Taught' to Think Out of the Box? International Multi-Disciplinary e-Journal , Vol. II, Issue-II, Feb - 2013, 17-28. ISSN 2277 – 4262
- Rao, G. & Madan, A. (2013). A Study Exploring the Link between Attachment Styles and Social Networking Habits of Adolescents in Urban Bangalore. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, Volume 3, Issue 1, January 2013, 1-12, ISSN 2250-3153.
- Madan, A. (2012). Creativity Education in India: Breaking Barriers. In R. Jacobs (Ed.) Creative engagements with children: International perspectives. Chapter in e-book, Inter-displinary.net , Oxfordshire, UK, ISBN: 978-1-84888-127-3
- Madan, A. (2002). A Case for Inclusive Education: A Study of Remedial Programmes for Children with Learning Difficulties. The Child in the New Millennium, Veeraraghavan, V, Singh, S. Khandelwal, K.A. (Eds.)/ISBN: 81- 901297-2-4, 85-96.
- Madan, A. (1998). Parent involvement. Seminar, 462, 32-35, ISSN 0971-6742
- Break the ice and embrace the differences. The New Indian Express, 27 th June, 2013
- Friends that study together, learn better. The New Indian Express, 4 th July, 2013