Areas of Interest & Expertise
- Early Childhood Education
- Teacher Professional Development
Yogesh joined Azim Premji Foundation in 2014. For seven years, he led the Early Childhood Education (ECE) Initiative at Sangareddy District Institute, Azim Premji Foundation. He has been instrumental in mentoring a team of resource persons in ECE and creating a scalable multimodal engagement for the capacity-building of Anganwadi teachers.
He played a key role in preparing the Anganwadi Teachers’ Handbook and ECE Handbook for teacher educators for planning and implementation of work in ECE. He also supports other District Institutes across the Foundation on ECE by conducting workshops and capacitating teacher educators.
Prior to this, he worked towards the capacity-building of primary and upper primary teachers in the Puducherry District Institute of the Foundation where he designed and implemented courses and workshops for teachers, teacher educators, and functionaries in areas including science education and curriculum design.
Prior to joining the Foundation, he worked with Wipro Technologies for 16 years in different capacities.
He has a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Computer Science) from Coimbatore Institute of Technology, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. He also has a Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (Finance) and a Post Graduate Diploma in Retail Management from Symbiosis, Pune.
He enjoys travelling and painting.
- Yogesh, G. R. (2017, November 21 – 22). Anganwadi Program Effectiveness Tracking Using Quality Standards. National Consultation Meet on Sustainability in Context of Early Childhood Education. CIET, NCERT, New Delhi.
- Mareddy, D., Jaggena, U. R., & Yogesh, G. R. (2017, November 21 – 22). [Poster Presentation]. ECCE Day –A bridge connecting community and Anganwadis. National Consultation Meet on Sustainability in Context of Early Childhood Education. CIET, NCERT, New Delhi.
- Yogesh, G. R., Pandya, K., Rao, M. S. (2020, July 15 – 17). Strengthening the ICDS ECE Programme – A multi-modal approach. National Conference on Research and Innovations for Quality Improvement in Early Childhood Education. NCERT.
- Hussain, A., Sharma, A.K., Gandhimathy, K., & and Gladson, M.E., Vargheese, K. A. and Jain, V., & Yogesh, G. R. (2017). Role of voluntary teacher forums (VTFs) in continuous teacher professional development in India: Experiences from Rajasthan, Karnataka and Puducherry. Azim Premji University. https://publications.azimpremjiuniversity.edu.in/15/1/APU-Working-Paper-Series-6-Role-of-Voluntary-Teacher-Forums.pdf
- Yogesh, G. R. (2021). A day in an anganwadi teacher. Learning Curve, 10, 91 – 94. ISSN 2582 – 1644 https://publications.azimpremjiuniversity.edu.in/id/eprint/2940
- Yogesh, G. R. (2021). Unlocking Anganwadis: What teachers need to do. Learning Curve, 103 – 105. http://publications.azimpremjiuniversity.edu.in/id/eprint/3217
- Yogesh, G. R. (2022). Environment Awareness in Anganwadis. Learning Curve, 13, 68 – 73. https://publications.azimpremjiuniversity.edu.in/id/eprint/3791
- Yogesh, G. R. (2022). Nurturing Wellbeing in Anganwadis. Learning Curve, 14, 71 – 75. https://publications.azimpremjiuniversity.edu.in/id/eprint/4291
- Yogesh, G. R. (2020). Sleepless at Sangareddy. The Dispatch, 8. http://apfstatic.s3.ap-south‑1.amazonaws.com/s3fs-public/Dispatch3_Final-compressed.pdf?cuKgCrBwv.x2brqT_kiKpS5GPK1tOAPY
- Yogesh, G. R. (2023, March 7). Emotional wellbeing of children in Anganwadis. Times of India. https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/blogs/voices/emotional-wellbeing-of-children-in-anganwadis
- Yogesh, G R. (2023, January 4). Learning Curve Webinar — Enhancing Lives through Wellbeing. Azim Premji University. https://www.youtube.com/live/7sw0FeJFymQ?feature=shared