Areas of Interest & Expertise
- Primary School Education
- Disability Awareness
- Writing and Editing
Shefali is a part of the Communications Team associated with the University Operations.
Shefali Tripathi Mehta is an in-house English language editor at the University — Associate Editor of the Learning Curve magazine and Editor of University Practice Connect.
Shefali is a postgraduate in English literature with a PG diploma in Advertising and Public Relations. She has over 30 years of experience as a writer and editor. She has worked as an editorial consultant and content analyst with Macmillan, IBM and Pearson Education, among others.
She writes on social issues, travel, parenting, and disability awareness. Her articles have been published in The Hindu, Deccan Herald, The Reading Hour, The Indian Book Chronicle, The Pioneer, The Hindustan Times, and others.
She is also the author of three non-fiction books and two novels. Shefali volunteers with Arushi, a Bhopal-based NGO working with people with disabilities and curates Gond art to support tribal artists.
- Mehta, S.T. (2020). People on Our Roof. Niyogi Books (Olive Turtle).
- Mehta, S.T. (2019). Ek Koshish: The Story of Arushi. Manjul Publishing.
- Mehta, S.T. (2017). Stuck Like Lint. Niyogi Books (Olive Turtle).
- Mehta, S.T. (2011). Ek Prarthana. Manjul Publishing.
- Mehta, S.T. (2008). What Were They Thinking! Indialog Publications Pvt. Ltd.
- Mehta, S.T. (2010). In Anthony, S. (Compiled), Why We Don’t Talk. Rupa Publications.
- Mehta, S.T. (2007). In Beantown Boomtown: Bangalore in the World of Words. Rupa Publications.
- Mehta, S.T. (2014). Passenger train, 25. Cha: An Asian Literary Journal. https://www.asiancha.com/content/view/1849/462/
- Mehta, S.T. (2013). Sea songs, 52. Muse India: The Literary eJournal. https://museindia.com/Home/ViewContentData?arttype=poems&issid=52&menuid=4613
- Mehta, S.T. (2011). Back, 38. Muse India: The Literary eJournal. https://museindia.com/Home/ViewContentData?arttype=poems&issid=38&menuid=2770
- Mehta, S.T. (2023, March 24). Words matter: Inclusion needs to be internalised. Hindustan Times. https://www.hindustantimes.com/ht-insight/education-in-india/words-matter-inclusion-needs-to-be-internalised-101679637526358.html
- Mehta, S.T. (2018, July 28). Life Uninterrupted. Deccan Herald. https://www.deccanherald.com/features/life-uninterrupted-684149.html
- Mehta, S.T. (2018, June 10). Sunday Herald: Stand up & be counted. Deccan Herald. https://www.deccanherald.com/features/stand-be-counted-674117.html
- Mehta, S.T. (2018, February 17). In Amritsar, reminder in a public park. Deccan Herald. https://www.deccanherald.com/content/660034/in-amritsar-reminder-public-park.html
- Mehta, S.T. (2021). Postcard to Bhopal Central Jail: ‘Thank You for Teaching Me’. The Leaflet. https://www.theleaflet.in/post…
- Mehta, S.T. (2016, July 10). Of silence crying [Review of the book Emerald Blades, by R. Sachdev]. Deccan Herald. https://www.deccanherald.com/c…
- Azim Premji University. (2022, September 1). #plainspeak: Samaveshi Shiksha (Inclusive Education). [Video]. YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vly9zs6iXpo
- House Of Belongg. (2021, February 25). The Ocean in the Closet: Writing & Reading Between the Lines | Inclusivity in Indian Literature. [Video]. YouTube. https://youtu.be/MVIVMar0zDk?feature=shared
Find more of her publications here.